RMD XXI

/Celestine Abcde's/

"Hello." I answered the phone while staring at the city view that the hotel offers as I wait for Klyde who is attending the summit right now.

[de Asis,] My name was followed by a chuckle. Even thousand miles away from his presence, he is still able to send shivers climbing up on my spine.

"I am with him Bryton, not now." Pagpapaalam ko at aambang ibaba na ang tawag nang nagsalita ito muli.

[I know where he is. Don't play with me.] Hindi ako na ako nakapagsalita at mukhang napansin niya yata. [They finally got it; you were right about where he hides it.] He is certainly talking about the evidence for slush funds and corruption linking Razael, my father and the Alferez Intercorp as a whole; the starting point of this whole mess basically.

"I see..."

'Finally huh', my eyes stopped wandering on the city view as I felt my throat become a little dry for I wasn't expecting that they'll extract it this fast. "But those are illegal documents, how are you going to use that-"

[I can take if from here, de Asis.] Alam ko naman na siya naman talaga ang maghahandle ng data but now I'm starting to doubt if we can even use all of that. [What I've been meaning to tell is aside from the data that we've got, there is absolutely nothing linking him to the killings and to your father.]

"H-How true is this?" Nauutal na tanong ko. "None whatsoever? L-Like the missing files and evidences in the precinct?" Nagsimula na manginig yung boses ko at nagbabadya na ang aking mga luha.

[You can double check for yourself.] I heard his sympathetic sigh, trying to win me over and I know it did when the shivers went away. [I believe that the only way you can get your justice is by killing his son.] It sounded just like an easy errand. After all, it's not the first time he swayed me like this about this matter. [Just do what we have always planned for. Let Razael experience your pain. You know how this goes, win this war. Use what I gave you-]

"That is no longer your business, Bryton." I cleared my throat, turning my back on the city view as I try to erase his current influence on me right now.

[Keep your head straight and do this for your father.] Shut the fuck up. I ended the call before I can hear another word from him.

"Hah..." Natatawang singhal ko habang tumutulo na yung luha kong kanina ko pa pinipigillan. Hinayaan kong lumabas lahat ng luha at sakit sa dibdib. Fuck, Razael. He really made it impossible.

Pinunasan ko na ang mga luha ko pagkataposat iprinepare na ang mga kakailanganin kong gamit. If this is the only way I could get my revenge, I should make it spotless then.

***

"Ahh!" I softly grunt in pain as I unknowingly peeled off the skin the corner of my thumb. I bit my lip as I walk quietly to the bathroom and let the warm sink water run through my bleeding finger.

Dahan-dahan, I lifted up head only to see my face in the reflection with anxiousness written all over it. I wiped my tears carelessly off my cheeks and used my fingers to brush my hair that's a mess.

"Calm the fuck down, Celestine Abcde." I whispered to myself as my lips continue to tremble. Since when did you become anxious with all this, Cid? You've been yearning for that to happen all your life.