RMD XXIX

/Klyde's

Dumaan ang Sabado pero halos hindi lumabas si Celestine sa kwarto niya. I assumed that she needed rest after that event, kaya hindina rin ako lumabas or made any move that required me to get out of the penthouse.

'Will send you my outputs tonight.' I texted Ces. I am glad na hindi rin ito nagpumilit pumunta.

Napabuntong hininga ako pagkabukas ko ng ref. It's past 6PM at hindi ako mapakali kung dapat ba ako magluto ng dinner. She doesn't eat at all- tinatambak lang niya sa ref o di kaya ibinibigay ko kay Allie at sa mga iba pang tauhan sa front desk. But even then, I took out the squash along with a few ingredients to make some soup.

While I was focused on the process, the doorbell rang. Unusual, especially on a Sunday.

"What the hell is he doing here?" bulong ko nang makita sa monitor ang taong nakatayo sa labas. It took me a minute debating on whether I should open the door or not when he rang the doorbell again.

"What do you want?" I looked at Hunter from head to toe. He is holding a paper bag and what I assume is his identification card as its lanyard was hanging.

"Check your email." He seemed pissed and fidgety as he handed his Perseus ID. "Let me in, I'm here to check up on Abcde." His tone changed as if he just wanted me to push out of the way.

"What the hell do you want, Andrade?" frustration was hinted at in that question. He seriously can't be acting this way especially on my property- my fist is as ready as ever.

"Wala akong oras para sayo." He took a step forward towards me and I felt his palm pushed the door causing it to be opened wider. "I don't know how you do it," the disbelief in his tone is itching my frustration further.

"For you to not care about your surroundings. In case you don't know, the woman who's guarding you is sick so get out of my fucking way."

Just like that I froze to where I was, as if his words were ice cold water being poured on me. Oh, good lord.

"I'll be out before midnight." With force, he pushed my last ounce of strength to make his way past me. He then scoffed, uttering something that hit right home. "Like father, like son. Classic Alferez."

"What the fuck did you-"

"Not today, Alferez. She needs me." He continued walking as if he owned my own fucking place, he paced as if he knew where is at this very moment.

"Cid, si Hunter 'to. Open up."

It did not take any minute for the door to open and then close immediately. Great. Just great.

-