RMD XV

[flashback]

"What are you doing here?" I looked where the angry voice came from then I stood up from my seat as soon as Hunter arrived.

"For Ms Sevierre; I won't go home until she's fine." I said, almost murmuring, then taking a glimpse on her room door where she is sleeping peacefully.

"Alam mo, you may be the great Rembrandt of the Alferez," He scoffed, napa-iling pa pagkatapos akong tingnan mula ulo pababa. "Pero hindi ko alam kung saan mo pa nakukuha yung kapal ng mukha mo to show up here and look at her in that state because of what you've done." He laughed shortly before gritting his teeth.

"L-Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know this would happen. I-" Nauutal kong pagpapaliwanag while clenching my fist.

Hindi ko 'to ginusto mangyari, Ms. Sevierre.

"I don't need your explanation Alferez. This may be part of our job, pero sa totoo lang no one has ever put her in this grave danger but you. So get lost."

***

Those words has been playing like crazy in my mind since that very night.

"I have to go somewhere today." I said while looking from afar.

"Pardon, Mr. Rembrandt?" Ms. Sevierre asked after she swallowed her food.

Ibinaba ko yung utensils na hawak ko sa empty plate ko and looked at her before wiping my mouth with a napkin. I saw her drop her utensils slowly as she kept looking at me in return.

"Take a day off," I took a second to look at her. "I have important matters to tend to." I said and tried to smile hoping it would convince her.

"O-Oh okay," She softly said before looking down on her plate.

"Don't worry, you're still getting paid." I jokingly said trying to lighten the mood.

"It's not that," She paused and really trying to keep low-key of her rolling eyes. "I have to be more around you, after what happened—"

"Stop." That thought came rushing into my head again like a piece of photograph. "I'll be fine. Think of this as one of my day-off as well, please." I said with a pout after cutting her off, trying to see if my cute charms would work on her.

"Just stay alive," She said in defeat, pursing her lips after then looked away for a moment. Okay, she's cuter than me.

"Syempre naman! Naghihintay future misis ko dito sa penthouse," I confidently said with a smile then playfully winked at her.

She snickered for a moment which made her cough. "You may go, shoo-shoo. Magliligpit na ako." Sabi niya with hand gesture na para bang pinapaalis ang isang aso.

I chuckled before standing up and leaving my seat.

"Let me help you." I offered as I tried to take the plates from her hand.

"No, it's okay, you already cooked lunch. Just prepare na at baka hinihintay ka na ng chicks mo." Pagtutol niya sabay tingin sa malayo.

"Are you jealous?" I asked with a grinning face as I lean more into her.

"N-No, stop assuming!" Pikon niyang sagot. Aba aba pinapasweldo pa rin kita ha. "I'm just worried about you." Seryosong sabi niya sabay tingin sakin na binawi rin agad.

Pero on serious note, wag kang ganyan, Ms Sevierre at nanginginig tuhod ko.

"I'll get home safe, okay?" Pag-aassure ko ulit sa kanya.

Rembrandt Must Dieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें