RMD XXXVI

rembrandt klyde's/

I must be the happiest man alive right now.

I should be.

With the use of my index finger, I slowly traced the bridge of her small pointed nose before gently placing a kiss on its tip. A smile was drawn on my lips as I watched her snuggle closer to me. I took the leverage of a few more minutes to watch her sleeping peacefully before I finally convinced myself to get up from bed.

I carefully fixed the blanket to cover her bare back and lowered the air conditioner's temperature before picking up every piece of wedding clothes that were scattered on the floor. I wore my pants immediately upon seeing that it was half an hour to midnight.

Lumabas muna ako ng trailer dala-dala ang tablet ko, para magpahangin at sumilip sa kabilang katotohanan ng realidad ko, namin ni Celestine. Isa-isa ko chineck ang lahat: mula sa nangyayari sa penthouse na ang huli kong instruction sa mga nagbabantay sa 'kin ay wag akong gigisingin o iistorbuhin ng tatlong araw, hanggang sa whereabouts ng tatay ko na nasa labas pa rin ng bansa. I sighed in relief knowing that everything is going my way, for the very least. A few steps back, I had a good look at the trailer that was delivered last minute last night and furnished just right before the wedding.

As an architect, then not being able to give Celestine a house is a kick in the gut; but then again everything that happened today was last minute and never part of the plan. Just like her, and everything else for that matter.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted to marry her from the get-go, just not like this, not in a clutch way; but then again, that night before I left her condo, as my lips latched off her with my arms wrapped on her waist as I got lost at her eyes, I just knew that I wanted to marry her. I knew, I no longer wanted to leave every time without letting her know that I am hers- every inch of my existence that she untethered, and that she was my lifetime's worth.

Huminga ako ng malalim bago ako bumalik sa trailer pero bago ko isarado ang pinto ay umikot muna ang mga mata ko sa mapayapang gabi. Will today ever be my every day?

Pagpasok ko sa loob ay hagip ko agad ang asawa kong mahimbing pa din ang tulog, kaya bago ko pa siya gisingin ay inilabas ko na sa fridge yung cake na tinago ko sa bandang likod at nilagyan ko ng tatlong kandila. I couldn't help but smile as I gently sat in the bed next to her with her back facing me as I held the cake in my hands before gently placing it down sa mini side table.

"Love," bulong ko at agad akong yumuko para halikan ang likuran ng tenga nito which I know she really loves and a blessing for me to indulge.

"Hmm..."

"Wakey-wakey, my wife," I continue whispering as I give little kisses.

I gave her a few more minutes to recover from her sleep while I savor the scent of her hair, neck, and back as her breathing plays its melody to me.

"Akala ko nanaginip lang ako," she whispered, sounding a little uneasy even if I knew she tried not to.

How long was she in misery that moments like this are a dream to her? I tried to suppress a sigh. "Dahil siguro I am the man of your dreams," bawi ko naman agad.

"Wag mo 'kong simulan Klyde ah," bulong nito habang nagpipigil ng ngiti.

Napangiti ako sa nakita ko like it was some sort of relief. "Sus, you're my wife na, pwede ka na umamin."

"Baka gusto mong first wife." Umikot ito para harapin ako na may nakakalokong ngisi sa mga labi nito, dahilan para manlaki ang mga mata ko at mawala ang ngiti sa mga labi ko. She burst out her giggles knowing fully what she's done. "Tiklop ka pa din pala e," she teased before getting up a little to give a quick peck on my lips.