RMD XXIV

As I was wearing a laced black off-shoulders dress that reached my knee, I wondered what the occasion may be. I continued to walk my way through the elegant yet empty hallway of Palacio de Alferez; the silence and emptiness of it is deafening that all I could hear is nothing but the sound of my heartbeat and the click clacks my heels as I continue my steps. I still have no idea why I am here or why is the place visibly empty, but I don't feel like stopping my feet taking its steps as if it knows where I should be.

At the end of the corridor, there stood a huge post. From where I am standing, I saw a portion of his side profile and he is fixing his tie in front of the mirror hanged from the adjacent of the post. A smile formed on my lips before I took two more steps that revealed little of his reflection even if the posts continue to cover his entirety. The more I walk towards him, the more my smile grew, as I now see more of him.

Before I was able to take another step, I heard something. I know that small sound too well, too aware of it that I figured where is that sound of a click, the tiny yet alarming snapping of a gun's hammer safety, coming from. There, I saw at the back of his head: a tip of gun ready to fire at such distance.

I tried to call him, but there were no words coming out from my mouth.

I ran, as fast as I could, still screaming his name of what feels like at the top of my lungs already, as my thoughts wander why wasn't he fighting back or even noticed it at all.

My question was answered as soon as I saw the person behind the post: the person who's pointing a gun at him.

My shoulders fell on the ground, and I couldn't move any further as soon as I saw the person in an all-black long coat. There was an unexplainable rage and sadness in her eyes as her tears flow, but even so her hand did not waiver.

"No!" I shouted, as I look at that person, that woman, who is me, still firmly aiming the gun. I tried to run towards her, but she seemed so far, or there was an invisible wall in between us.

My eyes shifted back to Klyde, who isn't moving at all, and for the life of me I could not comprehend the expression his eyes give off: his eyes that is fixed on the person behind him that he watches thru the reflection of the mirror that is in front of him.

"What the hell are you doing Klyde? Run away!" I screamed, my knees getting weak for I can't reach either of them "Run away! Run away, from me Klyde!" I shouted angrily, wiping my tears right away so my vision won't get blurry.

I looked back at the other me who is now relaxed to pull it. Just about I watch myself place pressure on the trigger, I screamed his name on the top of my lungs.

***

"Celestine," mahina niyang tawag at bakas sa tono nito ang pag-aalala niya.

Pagkamulat ay nakita ko ang nag-aalalang mukha nito na naka-level sa paningin ko. Imbis na magsalita ay nanatili akong nakatitig sakanya.