Chapter 32: Mark me

Raisa wished she could have stayed in his arms forever, but it was Azriel that pulled away first. "You're not just telling me this to get rid of me, right?"

Her brows pinched. She hadn't lied but she knew Azriel had reasons to doubt her. She hasn't been completely honest with him and she had left him already. He had a right to doubt her.

He watched her in awe as her thumb brushed over his bottom lip. She wasn't going to let him leave until he believed that she would come back to him. It was a promise she intended to keep. Her eyes held his before she tilted her head and brought her lips to his ear, "If you don't believe me, why don't you go ahead and mark me? Make me yours."

His hand traveled up her back, sending tingles down her spine, and stopped on the back of her neck. He was barely applying pressure but Raisa could have sworn he took the breath from her. He moved her head further to the side to expose her long neck, her breath hitching at his warm exhale. He slowly licked at the spot on her neck that throbbed. Her skin grew hotter as he trailed delicate kisses up her neck, sucking and teasing with his teeth and tongue.

It was driving her mad.

She could feel something hard nudging her abdomen. He didn't stop kissing her as she unbuttoned his pants. He let out a low noise as she gripped his shaft and flicked her thumb over his tip.

"Rai," his fingers gripped her hair as she continued touching him. It wasn't long before he was throwing her over his shoulder, her laughter filling the room, and plopping her on the bed.

Before he could lower himself over her, she brought her leg up and held him back with a foot on his chest. She gave him a teasing smile, her heart filling with life at the sight of him nearing a smile. Raisa wondered how he was able to do it, bring her back from such a low point, but she couldn't help it. To her, Azriel was a light in the darkness.

"Mmm," Azriel hummed. His eyes were trained on hers as he pulled her shoes and stockings off. There were so many layers but each time he removed a piece of clothing, he placed a kiss over the exposed skin. Once she was fully naked, she pushed him until he was on his back and she was straddling him.

His hand stroked up and down her thigh, they moved as if they had all the time in the world. She took off his shoes and clothes, letting her hands and mouth explore his wings, his muscles, and the parts of him that throbbed until she couldn't take it anymore.

Her body felt like it was on fire as she lowered herself onto him. Azriel was covered in sweat as he laid there looking up at her with a hunger in his eyes. Moments like these, his beauty was almost too painful. Her pace quickened as he sat up- their chests moving together. She didn't stop moving as his lips met hers in a reckless kiss. He knotted one hand in her hair and the other cupped her breast as she felt herself filling with energy that begged for release.

"Let it out," Azriel commanded- and she did. That intense feeling washed through her body just as she felt Azriel come inside her.

He fell onto his back, pulling her with him so she could rest in his arms. She could feel his heart racing against her skin to the same beat as hers. He was hers and she was his. That thought made her hold him tighter and bury a smile into his chest.

He smoothed down her hair and took a deep breath. "If I mark you, I won't be able to leave you."

She lifted her head up to look him in the eye. He kept stroking her hair, his eyes were soft. "I want to save that moment for when we can be together."

Raisa couldn't disagree. It was something she could look forward to, a reason to survive these next coming weeks. She had made a promise to Azriel and if she kept it, he would mark her and she'd be his.

That day can't come soon enough, Raisa thought through the tears as she opened her curtains and watched Azriel fly into the night sky. She watched from the windows until shadows swallowed him whole. This isn't goodbye.