Part Thirty Two - Wait For Me To Come Home

Start from the beginning

'Thanks guys.'

We're interrupted by one of the runners coming in and announcing that they're ready for Finn's band on the stage. We all join together for another hug and as we pull out of it I can't get rid of the huge grin that's stretched across my face. Finn joins his bandmates as they head towards the door which leads out to the stage, when he pauses and turns back to look at me, grinning.

'Good luck dude.'

'Thanks Finn, you too. They're gonna love you guys.'

'I hope so. Oh, and by the way--'

He flashes me a sort of knowing grin, and I'm suddenly very self aware.

'I like your shirt. I think Noah's got one like it?'

I don't need a mirror to tell that my face has exploded into a deep shade of crimson. Of course Finn would notice and say something about what I'm wearing. I've got Noah's shirt on cause I felt it would be like having him there with me, seeing as he's not here for my last show. And because I'm missing him a lot more than normal.

I can guarantee that Finn has noticed how red I've turned, and will probably end up messaging Noah, Millie or even everyone else in the cast to tell them how he made me blush at the slight mention of wearing something of Noah's.

'Um-- Thanks! I think Noah said... that he had the same brand.'

I force myself to smile through the cringing embarrassment I can feel radiating out of my body, and pray that Finn isn't gonna think I'm weird. He didn't specifically say that it was Noah's shirt. He definitely doesn't think that. Caught up in my own little gay panic, I don't register that Finn's left the room to join his band until Quinn suddenly materialises in front of me, making me jump. He laughs at my reaction, having caught it all on camera as well. Great. That's gonna be in the compilation of me doing stupid stuff during the tour.

'Are you alright? Watching you talk to Finn back there, you went all weird when he mentioned Noah's shirt--'

'So? It wasn't weird. Right?'

He fixes me with a cheeky grin, and my heart sinks.

'Right?'

'Whatever you say dude. But look. Robbie, we've known each other a long time. And just like how you said you knew that I liked Nate, I can't help but think the same thing about you and Noah.'

I freeze. I don't really know what to say, cause of course Quinn was going to pick up on it sooner or later. It's not like I've been that subtle whenever Noah's mentioned around me, but I can't exactly help it. Quinn's gotten closer to me, and I'm starting to panic a little but I'm stuck in place. And then he wraps me in a hug, completely mystifying me even more.

'I know that you're probably still trying to make sense of things, but I want you to know that I'm here for you, like you were for me when I was figuring things out. You're my best friend, and nothing's ever gonna change that. Seeing you more happy and relaxed than I've seen in years after you'd spent time with Noah or were talking to him has made me so happy. So look--'

He pulls out of the hug, holding me at arms length, his hands wrapped with that comforting warmth around my arms. I'm aware that my breathing's become a bit more rapid, and that I'm probably gonna start crying in a bit. But I'm sure Quinn's aware of that too as he beams at me.

'Don't be afraid about being yourself, and putting everyone else before you. You've done that for most of your life, but it's time for you to choose something that makes you happy. And I'll be here through it all. Okay?'

I sniffle a bit, as I manage a weak nod. Quinn pulls me back into a hug where we just hold each other in silence. Quinn's right, of course. I have a feeling he already knows, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to tell him right at this very moment. I want to leave everything out on the stage tonight, and when I come off it and backstage after, I'll be able to tell him.