Episode 8 - Flash to the Past

"Your new body is a fighting machine. Listen to it."

Cole swings at Lloyd with his Scythe, Lloyd easily kicks it out of the way. Before Jay can even think about doing anything, Lloyd grabs ahold of Jays Num-chucks and flips him over his shoulder. Zane forcefully throws his Shurikens, which Lloyd is easily able to dodge by doing a backflip over them. They embed themselves deep into the watermelon Nya is holding.

"Since he's grown, he's learning faster, Sensei," Nya gasps.

"But will it be enough to challenge Lord Garmadon?" Uncle inquires, a small smile playing on his lips. "Only time will tell."

Kai swings his sword at my brother, Lloyd catches the blade in his hands, holding it an arms length away from his chest. Kai leans into the sword, forcing Lloyd to push back his full body weight. Lloyd grunts, green sparks begin to dance around his fingertips. Those sparks turn to full on tendrils of green energy, which Lloyd gathers into a powerful ball. Just before Lloyd has the chance to use this ball of power, Kai pulls back, causing Lloyd to fall flat in the floor.

"You're getting good, but that move you fell for was basic 101," Kai says with a grin. He helps pull Lloyd to his feet.

"Yeah, if I had focused more when I was little, I would've seen that coming," Lloyd says.

I let out a small whimper. It's been two weeks and I still cant get over Lloyd's newfound maturity. No matter how many time Lloyd tells me otherwise, I'll always feel like its my fault, like I somehow failed him.

"You're not still on about Lloyd growing up, are you? You told me you were okay!" Kai groans.

I wipe away the stray tear and glare at him. "I am okay!" Even I didn't believe that.

Lloyd sighs. "Tasha, there's nothing you can do about it. What's done is done and it's not your fault."

"Lloyd is right, my niece. We cannot change the past, but we can improve for the future." Uncle Wu turns his attention back to Lloyd. "Again, and this time, do not hold back."

        ~

"What do you think your Father's up to this time?" Kai asks, prompting me to look up from his chest.

We have been laying in my bed for the past few hours. My Dad was spotted in Ouroboros; the trip is a long one and Kai and I have resorted to snuggling in order to pass the time. His right arm is draped across my shoulders, stroking my hair, his left hand clutches my right one tightly, my left hand rests loosely on his stomach, and my head lays on his chest--well, it did until he spoke.

"Who knows," I reply dryly, returning my head to his chest. I shut my eyes and focus on his steady heartbeat.

"Have you had any visions recently?"

I open my eyes again. "Not since the Grundle."

Kai falls silent again, so I close my eyes and relish in the feeling of his fingers combing through my hair. Unfortunately, our peace is ruined by Cole, who knocks lightly on our door before cautiously entering.

"We're almost to Ouroboros," he announces solemnly.

I nod before sitting up out of Kai's embrace. Kai lets go of my hand and follows Cole out of my room. I quickly change out of my pajamas, which consisted of a sports bra and sweat pants, and into my suit. I grab my bow and arrows and my daggers before jogging out onto the deck where the boys are waiting.

Nya lowers the anchor and we all shimmy down.

"Ninjago!" Uncle shouts as he Spinjitzu's into the main arena of Ouroboros, drawing my Father's attention to him.