Episode 8 - Titanium

It's been at least an hour since the Nindroids left and we still haven't found a way home. We've been too busy fighting off these stupid Glow Beetles, which are continuing to try and eat us and our ship.

"These bugs just keep coming! We're going nowhere," Kai exclaims angrily.

"Nya, there's no way we're getting off this planet," Jay says solemnly. "Any last words, my darling?"

"How about, 'It was always you Cole. I wont be able to carry on without you.'"

"Now is not the time for that!" I can practically hear Nya's glare. "Can't I just care for both of you? Now just don't give up."

"Dad was right," Lloyd says to me, "we should've never given up our Gold and Silver Power. We could have all been home. Now the Overlord has all he needs to become the Golden Master."

"Don't say that," Dad says. "I was wrong. You must trust your friends. Trust yourselves."

"They've returned with the Golden Weapons," Pixal informs. "It's only a matter of time."

"Search for the power within," Uncle says, "then realize the greatness within each other."

"He's right," I say. "We can get off this planet."

"What about yours and Lloyds energy, Tasha?" Kai asks.

"It's too far," Zane says. "They'll never be able to keep their focus that long."

"No one happens to have a build-your-own-rocket-kit handy, do they?" Cole asks.

"Woah, that's it!" Lloyd suddenly exclaims.

"You have a build your own rocket kit?" I ask, looking at him skeptically.

"No, but we can make one," Lloyd replies. "Arcturus may not fly, but she'll give us all the metal we need." He begins to pace around the wreckage, ignoring the glow bugs that still attack. "And Zane knows this solar system better than anyone."

"And Kai's Fire could weld the missing parts," Zane adds.

"Cole's manpower could do all heavy lifting.".

"And Jay has enough electricity and nerd knowledge to make a halfway believable spacecraft."

Jay laughs, then glares at Cole. "Hey!" He pauses, then says, "Hey. This could actually work!"

Ten difficult minutes later, we had our ship constructed. It was small, shaped sort of like a cannon, just big enough for the six of us to fit comfortably.

"Lets fire this thing up and see if she'll fly," Kai says.

Lloyd and I run through the checklist.

"Boosters?"

"Check."

"Electronics?"

"Check."

"Navigation?"

"Check."

"How are we holding together?"

"Bubblegum and a wish," Cole says enthusiastically.

"Let's go home, fellas," I say.

        ~

"Hold on! We're almost there!" Cole shouts. Every alarm that could be going off is currently going off and we are so close to home.

"My power source has reached critical mass," Zane says. "It appears my unlimited energy is in fact limited."

"Critical mass? Like, it's gonna blow up!" Jay shouts.