Episode 10 - Dancing Queen

"They got the first one, but there are three more and we just need one to stop Pythor. They have a map, and we don't, so the question remains: How are we gonna find them first?" Nya says, motioning to the hologram of the fang blade.

Jay sighs dreamily. "I still cant get over the fact that you were the mysterious Samurai. Is anyone else blown away like I am?"

Kai rolls his eyes. "We're over that. Can we move on?" he grumbles.

Jay chuckles. "Someone's a little hot under the collar."

"It appears his impatience is because he has not found inner peace and unlocked his full potential like you and I have, Jay," Zane says with a playful grin.

Kai scoffs. "Great observation, Mr. Roboto--" I snicker at the nickname-- "but Cole hasn't found it either."

"I got it!" Cole shouts.

Kai's face turns from cocky to cheesed. "You've unlocked it?" He wails. "Oh, why am I the only one!"

Cole rolls his eyes. "No, I figured out where I recognized the Fangblade from." He runs from the room and returns a few moments later with a scrapbook. "I have a picture of it!" he explains.

"Oh.. haha, is that it?" Kai rubs the back of his neck. "Heh, good."

"I got it," Cole says. He opens the book and turns to a page that has a picture of a group of men. They're holding the Fangblade, but it's been turned into a trophy.

"That's it!" Jay exclaims, bouncing a little from excitement.

"Back where I grew up, there's this pretty big competition where every year the winner gets the Blade Cup. My dad won it multiple times," Cole says.

"You never told us your dad was an accomplished athlete. What sport?" Zane comments.

Cole rubs the back of his neck. "Oh, h-he's a, uh... a blacksmith."

Kai frowns slightly. "Nothing wrong with that. My father was a blacksmith, too. But I've never heard of a competition-"

"That's because he's not a blacksmith blacksmith. He's a Royal Blacksmith," Cole explains. He turns the page in the photo album and reveals his dad. The others snicker, I frown.

"That's your dad?" Jay laughs.

"At least he's not the Dark Lord," I say darkly. They all go silent for a moment.

"But how did the Fangblade become a trophy?" Kai asks, changing the subject.

"Well, supposedly, the Blade Cup was made by this guy who collected priceless artifacts. His name was something like, uh, Dutch.. no, Clutch. Clutch Powers. Anyway, it gets passed on to each year's winner," Cole explains, pacing back and forth across the bridge.

"Who has it now?" Zane asks.

Cole shrugs. "I don't know." He looks down in shame. "I haven't talked to my father in years.."

"Well then, we'll call him up," Kai suggests.

Cole wears a mortified expression. "You cant!" He shouts.

I cross my arms. "Why not?"

"He thinks I'm in Ninjago City training at the Marty Oppenheimer School of Preforming Arts." He lets out a sad sigh. "He wants me to follow in his footsteps, but when I couldn't sing or dance, well I... I ran away. When he sees I cant dance, he'll know I've been lying to him in all the letters I've been sending him..."

Zane looks bewildered. "He doesn't know you're a Ninja?"

Cole scoffs. "What? You gonna crack some joke that my old man wears a tutu?"