Episode 2 - Family Reunion

Lloyd and I arrive at Chen's noodle house at eight o'clock sharp. He's wearing his green ninja suit while I where a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. We share a look and he takes my hand. This is it, the moment of truth. We walk in and I don't see any of the boys. My heart sinks a little.

"It's okay. They could just be a little late," Lloyd says optimistically. "Lets go get a seat.

He pulls me over to a booth directly in the center of the restaurant. He takes the seat on the far side so that he can face the door and I sit across from him. I grab a water from the food conveyer belt and begin to sip it delicately.

Then the door dings and Lloyd smiles. I turn in my seat to see Jay enter the restaurant. Lloyd waves him over and he comes and sits down next to him.

"Hi, Tasha," he greets.

I smile. "Hello, Jay. I've watched your show, it looks like fun."

Jay blushes a little bit. "Yeah, it is."

The bell dings again and Jay's pleasant grin disappears. Cole must've arrived. I get up out of my seat just as Cole makes it to our table, a frown on his face. I know that he likes the inside seat so that he can be by the food conveyer belt. He sits down grudgingly and I slide back in.

"Lloyd, Jay," he greets tensely.

"It's good to see you Cole," Lloyd says.

Jay doesn't say anything.

Cole rolls his eyes and reaches for a plate of sushi, but I grab his hand to stop him.

"Wait."

"Wait for what?" he asks, annoyed.

"For Kai," Lloyd says for me.

We sit in a very tense silence for many minutes before the bell rings again. I immediately tense. My heart starts pounding in my chest and I've forgotten how to blink.

"Kai, over here!" Lloyd calls.

I swallow hard as the sound of his footsteps draw nearer. I pick up my glass of water and take a sip, which was a mistake because it goes down the wrong pipe; I do my best not to cough as he finally arrives.

"Jay? Cole?"

My entire body begins to burn. He's here, that was his voice. He's standing right in front of me.

But I don't look up.

Cole laughs bitterly. "You too?"

"The runts tricked us all," Jay grumbles.

Kai lets out an annoyed grunt before plopping himself down next to me, his shoulder brushing mine. Can they hear how loudly my heart is beating? Because I can. Kai reaches across the table for some food, but Lloyd swats his hand away.

"We talk first, then we eat," Lloyd says.

"Trust me," Cole says. "do you know what kind of restraint I've had to have staring at all this noodle goodness? You're late!"

Kai sighs, glaring at my brother. "Make it quick."

"I know without Zane things have been different, but we have to move on," Lloyd says. He glances at me for a moment and when I don't say anything, he continues. "The reason we brought you all here is because...maybe we should add someone new to our team."

I glance sharply at my brother. He didn't tell me this!

"A new ninja?"

"Are you crazy!"

"Come on, Zane's irreplaceable!"

"I cared for him too but now its time to care about this team," Lloyd says heatedly.