Episode 1 - Powerless

"Grief is a very powerful emotion. It brings one to their lowest point and does everything it can to keep them there. It has destroyed many lives; do not let it destroy yours.

"Grief is powerful, but so are you. You can conquer grief, you will not let it bring you down, and you will not let it destroy you, because that is not what a sensei does. A sensei rises above grief and sorrow, a sensei conquers it, a sensei learns from it.

"You lost your friend, you lost your lover, and most importantly, you lost your father, who also happened to be your teacher. But you will not let that bring you down. You, Tasha May Garmadon, are a sensei in training, and you will rise above grief.

"Now, take a deep breath, close your eyes, and let your pain fade away. Let your mind be clear and let your heart be whole."

I inhale deeply and close my eyes, just as Uncle instructed.

I lost Zane, but now he is back.

I am whole.

I lost my father, but he died honorably.

I am whole.

I lost the love of my life, but . . . but . . .

"You've conquered fear, you've conquered death, and you've conquered the greatest evils Ninjago has ever seen. You can conquer grief."

I take another deep breath.

Kai does not love me, but my family does.

"I am whole," I say as I exhale.

"Very good," says Wu. "Once your heart is at peace, your mind can once again be at peace, and once your mind is at peace, we can focus more on what makes a sensei a sensei."

I open my eyes and look at him. "But I thought we were learning about what makes a sensei a sensei?"

"We are," he replies. "Everything I teach you and everything you have already taught contributes to this final lesson: a sensei is always learning. As I teach you all I know about being a sensei, I am also learning about being a sensei. But, despite all we're taught, we cant truly learn until we achieve inner peace."

Of course it all leads back to inner peace, something I haven't felt in nearly a year. And ever since I lost my dad, its been even more difficult. I don't know what I'd do if I lost Lloyd.

"Now," Uncle says, snapping me from my thoughts, "our lesson is over. It is time we got to work on the tea shop."

"It opens today, right?" I ask, standing up off the floor and following him down to his brand new tea shop: Steep Wisdom.

"Yes it does." He grabs two buckets and hands one to me. He leads me over to the well and we each scoop a bucket of water. "Steep Wisdom. Not a bad name for a tea shop."

"Not bad at all," I say, smiling.

"Here, let me give you a hand with that," Nya says, reaching for Uncle's bucket.

Uncle dodges her easily and continues past her, into the shop. "I'm old, not weak."

"You can take my bucket, Nya," I say. She rolls her eyes and I follow Uncle to the backroom where we place our buckets.

"You look after Ninja, I look after you," Mom says, smiling at Uncle Wu.

"Well, Steep Wisdom is starting to look like a real tea house," says Nya brightly, then not so brightly, "except for one thing: customers."

"Good things come to those who wait," Uncle replies.

"I'm just saying, it was big, but I've seen bigger."