Episode 2 - Girl Without A Home

"Tasha!"

I let out a groan of annoyance and roll over.

"Hey, Tasha! Wake up!"

"What do you want!" I grumble, rolling back to face the blue ninja hovering over me.

"Will you come train with us?" Jay asks, his voice well above a whisper now.

"What time is it?" I inquire, glaring at him over my covers.

"Only seven. Don't you dare complain, I've seen you wake well before now!" comes Kai's obnoxious voice. Peering behind Jay, I see the other three ninja staring at me.

"Fine. Get out of my room so I can change," I gripe.

The boys hastily shuffle out, leaving me alone in my room. I slide out from under my covers, thankful that I slept under them for I'm only dressed in undergarments. When I finish putting clothes on, I grab my bow and quiver of arrows and stalk out to the training grounds where the boys have set up the training yard. They give me funny looks when I walk out to meet them, though I cant understand why.

"What are you wearing?" Kai finally blurts.

I glance down at my outfit: a pale violet cropped tank top and loose fitting black pants. Sure, I wear no shoes, but that cant be the problem. "Clothes?" I answer, though it sounds more like a question.

"You cant battle in that!" Jay protests.

"Sure I can. I bet you a weeks worth of pie that I could kick all your asses in this," I reply, crossing my arms over my chest.

The boys exchange amused glances. "Deal!" They yell in unison.

"One rule: No weapons!" I add quickly as they all pull out their Golden weapons.

"Fine. You still wont beat us," Cole shrugs, collecting all our weapons-- including my bow-- and putting them off to the side.

The boys surround me, one on all four sides. Kai stands north, Jay south, Cole east, and Zane west. Kai is the first to move. With a loud shout, he Spinjitzus towards me. I easily backflip out of the way, causing Kai to crash into Jay. Both boys fall to the ground. Cole lunges at me, swinging towards my jaw. I duck out of the way and land a punch to his stomach. He stumbles backwards, but manages to regain his footing quickly. Zane comes up behind me. I wheel around and kick him in the jaw before he can lay a hand on me.

Three of the four boys lay on the ground and I cant help but grin to myself. Cole Spinjitzus towards me, stopping a few centimeters away to throw a punch. I grab his hand with mine and twist it. He lets out a girlish yelp before I use my other hand to sock him in the jaw. He staggers back, his hand finding his face and rubbing it to ease the pain. Kai has now gotten back up, but he's also grabbed his sword. He swings at me, and I just barely duck out of the way. He swings again and I sidestep it.

With a grunt of annoyance, I Spinjitzu towards him, knocking the sword out of his hand with a kick before punching him in the stomach. He staggers back and lands hard on his rear. With a large grin, I grab hold of the energy that has gathered at my fingertips. A large ball of black and purple tendrils forms in the palm of my right hand. I throw it at Kai. He lets out a shout of fear before jumping out of the way.

"What the hell was that!" Cole yells.

I wheel around to face him, an evil grin plastered on my face as I summon another ball of purple power to my hands. "Energy," I reply before throwing it at him. He barely has time to jump out of the way.

"That's cheating!" Jay shouts.

"Kai used his Golden Weapons. I just made the fight fair," I shrug as the tingling feeling leaves my hands.