Episode 9 - My, My, My

The Treehorns have been kicking us around for many minutes now. Our weapons are splayed around on the ground. Whenever we get close to retrieving them, we get kicked again. My entire body hurts from a multitude of new contusions. When I agreed to be the purple ninja, I didn't think I would actually turn purple. Our suffering is ended when Zane runs out of the large metal tree with renewed ferocity.

"Leave my friends alone!" he shouts as he Spinjitzus through their legs.

"What's gotten into Zane?" Cole asks as he struggles to his feet.

"I don't know, but I like it!" Kai shouts. He retrieves his weapons, as do the rest of us, and we all Spinjitzu towards the Treehorns. After a few moments, they begin backing away.

"Are they regrouping?" Jay wonders aloud. His questions are answered when a giant tree horn with a triangular head and multiple red eyes appears. "Who's that!"

"The queen," Zane says. He paces forward, as if to shield the rest of us from her. "You will not hurt my friends. There is nothing that will hold me back!" He pulls out his Shurikens and spins them in his hands. Snow begins to spin around his feet and his entire body begins to glow white. "I know who I am!"

"What's happening to him? Was he programmed to do that?" Kai asks as Zane begins to float in the air.

"I've never seen a robot do that before!" Jay replies.

"You mean Nindroid," Cole corrects in awe.

"Zane's unlocked his true potential," I say, my voice quiet and wispy.

Zane tosses his Shurikens in the air, snow follows them as they go. He drops to the ground and jumps into Spinjitzu. He Spinjitzu's around the Queen Treehorn a multitude of times before he floats back up into the air. A blue beam of ice fly's from his chest, freezing the beast. It lets out a monstrous roar before everything is silent. Zane falls to the ground.

"What happened?" Zane asks groggily as he struggles to his feet.

"That was AWESOME," Jay shouts as he runs up to Zane.

"You should've seen yourself," Kai says.

Cole nods. "I've never seen anything like it!"

"This must be what Sensei meant by unlocking our hearts. I remember now. I remember everything. I remember my father and how he cared for me. I remember where I came from and I feel stronger for knowing," Zane says, glancing at each of us.

"I'm so jealous! His powers are so cool!" Cole exclaims.

"We have our very own Nindroid!" Jay cheers.

Zane smiles threateningly. "Watch out, Pythor. We're coming to get you!"

        ~

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom. If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effects. Resulting in..." Nya pauses to cough. "Diminished— uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume," she says, glancing at me.

"I don't wear that stuff," I say, shaking my head.

Jay chuckles nervously before turning towards Kai. "You told me it was men's cologne!" he whisper yells.

Kai shrugs. "Meh, I get them mixed up."

I smack Kai on the back of the head while the other's burst out laughing. Nya looks like she's about to die and Jay is blushing like mad. When their fun is over, Zane flips open the latch on his arm and turns off his sense of humor.