Episode 9 - Point Of View

"We know the skull represents his tomb," says Uncle Wu, pacing back and forth infront of the bulletin board that has each of the three clues pinned to it.

"But from everything that was ever written about it, there's nothing in Ninjago that matches its description," Mom continues, voice quavering with frustration. "Where is it? The clues are all right here, but what are we missing?"

"Patience, Mom," I say through an exhale. I open a single eye to look down at her from where I am sat, cross legged, on top of one of the empty tea shelves. "We won't make any progress if you're upset. Take a break, have some tea."

"Your sarcasm was not asked for, Tasha May," Mom snaps.

My smirk drops and I open both eyes. "I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being insightful."

"Well, insightful or not, it is not helpful. And get down from there, it's distracting!"

"I'm just sitting here, silent as a mouse, meditating. How is that distracting?"

"It just is, Tasha, now get down!"

I roll my eyes and uncross my legs, sliding from the top shelf and landing gracefully next to her. The book she is reading would be useful to our endeavors, if only she was looking on the right page. Without asking permission, I start flipping through them.

"What are you doing?"

"Being useful," I say, when I finally find the page I'm looking for. "Look, see. This inscription matches what we're looking for."

Mom jerks the book out of my hands and examines the page. Her face brightens slightly, then falls once again. "No, you're wrong. It doesn't match."

"No, not there," I say, "here. It gives us another clue."

Mom looks at where I'm pointing. "You can read that language?" she asks skeptically.

"Yeah, when you turn it upside down."

I flip the book around and point while she reads aloud:

"Once written in the Last Scroll of the Spinjitzu Master, which was burned, but not before translated, the following phrase provides yet another clue to his supposed tomb: 'Look at yourself and you will see what's truly meant to be.' However, historians have yet to decipher what this clue could possibly mean or how it could help the search. It almost makes you wonder whether this tomb was meant to be found at all."

"But what does that mean?"

"Isn't it obvious," I say, looking up at Uncle with a big smile, "it's talking about a reflection! 'Look at yourself . . .' Thousands of years ago when the scroll was written, there was no technology to take pictures with, you could only use your reflection. 'You will see what's truly meant to be . . .' Clearly it's telling us that some clue we already have will become clearer if we look at it's reflection."

Mom's eyes widen and she grabs my shoulder, unable to contain her excitement. "It's the reflection of the map in the sword! Isn't it?"

"Yes, exactly!"

"Wow, Tasha, you're a genius!" Uncle Wu exclaims. "How ever did you figure that out?"

I smirk and turn around, reaching to grab the top shelf and hoisting myself back up.

"Sometimes you just need a different point of view."

"I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier," Mom says, folding her hands together and bowing her head.

"It's okay, Mom. I know you're worried about Lloyd--I am too. But one thing I've learned over these past few days is that if you can keep your head on your shoulders, everything will work out in the end."