Book 5: Chapter 15

Start from the beginning

"Stupefy!" A female voice chanted, followed by a yelp and a thud. Hearing disappointed sounds, she heard coins being passed over, a pocket watch being slammed on someone's palm.

"I'm going for a walk," Finley shakes her head slightly, as she saw Hermione being praised by the girls in their year. This was a moment where she would be skipping this lesson, going to a corner and exiting the room.

Clutching her wand tightly to her side, she walked out the school in the early evening towards the lake. It had been a month since they started practicing, also a month since her last detention. She made sure to be much of an ass kisser for Umbridge as possible, though she hated that woman with a burning passion, but she certainly can't afford Remus, or Sirius to come over and kill her themselves. Taking off her shoes and dipping her feet into the water as she sat on the lake's dock, she reminisced the events of last year, well, all of the previous years.

She grew up in Snape's care with the assistance of Mirelle Thorns. She went to Hogwarts and got sorted into Slytherin. She made friends, one in particular turned out to be her brother. She found out about her parents and their sacrifices to keep her and Harry safe, and she also learned that there were more people who were her family. She met the boy she hard come to like despite him being a git and all that. Her house loved her though she wasn't a pureblood, and she knew they would do everything for her.

Within those years, she almost got eaten by a three headed dog named fluffy, almost stabbed by a queen chess piece. Got petrified by a big ass snake in the girl's bathroom. Almost got her soul sucked out by a dementor, and died at the end of last year.

A wild four years it has been, and on the fifth, they were being taken over by a small pea brained toad who liked giving scars. When will it ever be good?

She tied her hair up, taking off her grey uniform vest and tie, then her skirt, leaving her in a pair of leggings. Rolling up her sleeves properly, mentally chanting the bubble head charm, she jumped of the dock and swam. Once in the water, she took out the chain on her neck, the compass that Dumbledore had given her last year. This time it pointed towards the deeper parts of the lake, not at all bothered by the cold, as she got deeper it was warmer.

She could hear the grindylows passing her, mermaids watching her, until she saw an arch. The compass still pointing towards the arch's direction, she had no other choice but to swim in further. There was a reason she returned to this place, Dumbledore said that this was where she was going to find answers about the things that happened to her. She doesn't know why, and much of her distrust in him, this was something she wanted to proceed with. Finding a fallen castle in the bottom of the lake, muttering the alohamora charm, not needing at as it had opened when her runespoor wand glowed, sucking her in.

Gasping for hair as the bubble charm broke, she looked around, and in a sort of de ja vu moment, she found herself sprawled on the floor in a pitch black room.

"We have been waiting..."

Gulping, Finley clutched on to her wand tightly. "Here I am. I need answers."

She heard menacing laughs, then a sound of hissing accompanied by it. The room began producing light on the torches, revealing a snake head. Then another, and another. She had read about Runespoors before, she knew that they were originally in Africa, but to see one so close to Hogwarts and inside a fallen castle? Was this what Dumbledore wanted her to find?

"What answers are there to seek when you are already given them?"

"How do I stop this curse," she breathed, the sight if the three headed snakes were intimidatingly scary. "I can't—"