Chapter 49: My old friend

It's morning. You washed your face as a way to wake yourself up. You closed the tap and held yourself up with the sink. It was very quiet. You were up earlier than the others. Even Jimin and Yoongi, the two that are supposed to be on guard.

You looked up and saw your reflection.
It's been A year. A year ago you came back to Korea to start your life all over again. You figured your life was going to change. But this change was much more than you thought.

You scanned your face. You admit you look drained. In a a year, you starved, you've been beaten, strangled ,stabbed, shot at, you name it. It is said that every scar has a story. You body is a fucking novel with a prequal.

You moved a strand of hair behind your ear, where you do grips smoothly touched the back of your neck. You couldn't help but feel it. The scar that started it all. The scar that you got from the accident.
It was long. And because it was so deep, the scar isn't really the most pleasing to look at. Which explains why you never cut your hair after it happened. It would only remind you of the painful past. Before, you didn't want to remember. But after the recent months, you've become curious. After meeting Jimin, the story you were lead on to believe has suddenly changed.

You were told it was a bad accident. Your mother's life was taken because of said accident. You never knew how you got to the hospital. Nobody does. You were just there.
Now. There's someone else involved. A man. A man with a tattoo. He must know what actually happened. But who is he?

There were two knocks at the door that startled you.
"Y/n, it's me Jimin. Are you alright in there?"

You took a deep breath before bringing yourself back into reality. You opened the door and on the other side was Jimin. Standing with hand ready to knock on the door once more. 

"Hi." Your greeted looking up at him. 

Jimin's hand lowered. He look at you with sift eyes. He could tell you were very tired. He too notices the drastic change you've been through since you first met him. 

"Hi..." He greeted back. The both of you stood still. It was quiet. "H-How's your shoulder?" He stuttered. 

Funny you haven't even thought about that until he mentioned it. You lowered your shirt by its collar to get a look of your shoulder. You sighed when seeing the giant purple bruise left on your skin. Of course another mark on your canvas of a body. "I can barley feel it." You said looking at it still." Jimin was still upset about what had happened last night. But right now you were his priority. Without hesitation Jimin reached over and gently grazed over the mark on your shoulder. You hissed in pain and winced from his touch. Making him step back as soon as he realized. You were shocked when seeing how quickly he reacted when he realized he accidently hurt you. He never had trouble before. 

"I'm sorry I-." He stopped. "If only Jin hyung were here. He would know what to do to make it better." He mirrors a child who just told no by his parents. 

You covered your shoulder quickly and cleared your throat. "Well he isn't here, so I'm just going to have to deal with the pain like big girl."

Jimin smiled softly. "I guess you learned a thing or two from being with us."

You scoffed. "A thing or two? I think I learned a lot more than that in a year, don't you think?" You then pushed your hair back and looked the man in the eye. "Now. Let's go find this supposed mob boss and make him beg on his knees." 

And just like that. Jimin realized. He almost, no, did break the girl. He tore you down and made your life a living hell in the past year and yet his old friend never lost her true character.