Chapter 39: In order to move on

The car ride was silent.

Even after nearly three people died a few hours ago everything went as planned. You and Jimin met up with Hyungsik in the parking lot. Not many words were exchanged by you and Jimin. Actually. None at all.

You stayed quiet even after driving off. And what should be the best feeling in the world was actually quite grim. You couldn't help but feel sorry towards Jennie.

Not only did she almost die a few hours ago. But you didn't get to say goodbye. Oddly enough she was your only friend. After knowing her for almost a year. What the girl at-least deserved was decent goodbye. But even that you couldn't give her.

Not to mention Taehyung who took care of you since day one. Saving your family from being killed and taking care of your basic needs for the first few weeks. You can't help but feel guilty leaving him without a goodbye as well.

"You know." Hyunsik broke the silence that has been keeping you in a lost state of mind for the longest time. "Someone would think that you miss those guys if they saw you now. Which should be the total opposite don't you think?"

He's right. This is the moment you have been waiting for but why do you feel such a way.

"Listen I get it. Talking isn't really your favorite thing for the past few months. Knowing them, you've probably been through hell. but."

"They are good people. Under all that blood and scary faces. They are good people with good hearts."

"well you and I don't have the same experiences."

He sighed. "Well, it does seem like Yoongi doesn't like neither of us. At least we have that in common."

You scoffed. "He literally almost killed me."

Hyunsik laughed. "And he wanted to kill me. but are we really competing on who Yoongi hates the most?"

You sighed in frustration.

He smiled. "I got something out of you."

You rolled your eyes and looked out the window. "You said it yourself. They are bad guys. But why would you go back and help them at their beck and call. Why risk your life for a coupke of murderers?"

He pursed his lips.

"I owe them my life."

"Yeah you said that like five times but when are you going to get to the details?"

He smirked. "A few years ago a loan shark tired to use me and my younger brother as leverage for my father. Little did they know that he couldn't give two shits about us. So after days of waiting and him not showing up, they just decided to dispose of us." He pursed his lips. "Right before they could put the bullets in our heads. Namjoon and fellas arrived at the warehouse we were in. They had unfinished business with them."

He sighed. "You know how Taehyung is. He snapped just by seeing my brother's unconscious and bloody body on the ground. So he did us the favor and put a bullet in their knees. and Let me do the honors and hurt them the way they did my brother."

He smiled. "They took us in. Jin Helping my brother and with medical care. Hoseok and Jungkook brought a smile back on my brother's face. And Jimin gave us money to leave the country."

"Then what are you still doing here?"

He sighed. His soft smile still remained on his lips even though you could tel from his eyes that was was very sad. Our father is still somewhere out there. I have to find him and make sure He pays back for ruining our lives.I will always remember what he did and for that he will pay."