Chapter 26: As time goes on

Yoongi opened the door slowly. He cringed at the slight creak of the the door. Quietly sighing out, he looked around the hallway making sure one last time. Sure, it was around 2 am but one can never not be careful in house full of gangsters and a Taehyung. 

He walked into the room, refraining from making any sound whatsoever. He turned his back to close the door he clenched his eyes shut as the sound of the faint creak stretched. When the doorknob clicked he let out a sigh of relief.

"What are you doing here?"

The sudden sound of the females's voice caused your to yelp. His back hit the door so hard that it could wake the whole neighborhood. The attempt of keeping quiet was very much ruined just a few seconds.

"You scared me" Yoongi whisper yelled as he clenched his chest. He grabbed his knees as he heaved and his heart pounded loudly against his chest.

Yoongi took a while before catching his breath. He gulped as he tapped his chest. Then his eyes met hers. 

Yoongi gulped once again. His attempts to talk to the girl were going to be harder than he thought. "What are you doing awake at this time?"

"What are you doing in my room at this time?" The girl attacked back. 

Yoongi cleared his throat. He looked away to take away from the awkwardness. 

"I came to check on you" He looked down.

"You didn't need to. I never asked to see you" The girl looked away.

Yoongi gulped once again. His attempts to talk to the girl were going to be difficult. 

Jennie sat on her black silky bed with her legs pressed against her chest.She was staring at the wall in front of her with widened eyes. Though she was like this, Yoongi wasn't hesitant to get near her. Yoongi sat at the send of her bed, she glanced at him quickly but looked away before he could notice. 

"Jennie.."

"My brother will get very angry if he finds out you entered my room in such hour" Jennie interrupted the older. She pursed her lips and began to shift around her bed "I think it's best for you to leave. You don't want to risk being caught" Yoongi however didn't move a muscle. 

"Come on Jennie. I just wanted to have a word with you" 

"And I don't" Yoongi was taken aback "Don't you thing it's pretty selfish for you to act on your wishes instead of listening to other's first?"

"Why are you acting like this?" Yoongi hissed. "I have done nothing but protect you in all these years. Everything I do is in your favor. Why can't you appreciate what I do for you?"

Jennie remained silent. Yoongi sighed. 

"I understand what you saw a few days ago was not good but-"

"Not good?" Jennie interrupted the older. Jennie was utterly annoyed. "Obviously it wasn't good. You almost killed someone Yoongi. Right in front of me"

"I did it for you Jennie. She could be a threat to you" 

"If everything you do is for me...What made you think what you did to her will make me feel safe?"

"Jennie you don't understand-"

"No you don't understand." Jennie pointed at the older. Her eyes began to tear up, leaving the blue haired man dumbfounded. "You out of all people should know what happens when I see such things. I had to go through it dammit"

Yoongi's lips parted. He looked down at Jennie's trembling hands. In that moment he felt a panic. He reached to touch her hand but the younger pulled away before his fingertips could touch her.