Chapter 37 ~ Severus Dies

You see Harry, Ron and Hermione running towards the boathouse.

You go after them. You had sworn to protect Harry and that was what you were going to do.

Keeping your distance you carry on fighting and watch as Harry rushed into the boathouse and heard a thump.

After a minute he ran out, blood on his hands.

You run down, past the kids and saw him. Laying against the wall, his neck bleeding and his face white.

"Severus. No. No. No" you whisper. Putting your hand on the wound.

"(y/n)" he mumbles, his eyes were fading up and his words incoherent. "(y/n)"

"I'm here. Please stay with me" you sob.

"(y/n), leave me"

"No" you say firmly. Point your wand to. him you chant the words "Vulnera Sanentur" again

"(y/n), I'm-"

You drop the wand from your hand and pull him into a hug, sobbing into him

"Severus I love you. Don't go"

"It is my time." he mumbled. "I love y-" and with that, his body went limp.

"No" you sob. "Don't leave me. Please" your sobs rack your soul and your tears stream down your face.

You kiss him, pleading him to wake but he lays still in your arms.

Letting go of him you look at his face. It seemed peaceful and loving, which made you cry even more.

"Goodbye. My dear Severus." you whisper.

His funeral was attended by many after the war was over. Although he was hated by some, most, who now saw what Snape was understood. His will asked for him to be buried on the Hogwarts grounds and you fulfil that wish.

You took the name snape, and kept the ring with you always. You went back to teach at Hogwarts, becoming the Head of your house.

You never retire and like professor binns you pass into a ghost and live in Hogwarts.

When passing the hallways you see a familiar shape.

"Severus?" you ask. The ghost turned. It was him.

"(y/n)" he smiled.

"You are a ghost?" he asks.

"You are too"

"Shall we go up to the roof?" he asks and you smiled.

"I would love too"

The end. Or is it?

What would happen is severus survives?