Chapter 11 ~ Gilderoy Lockheart

You had been staying with Severus for at least a week, and it was time to return to Hogwarts. The calming potion seemed to have succeeded, though the dreams returned twice more they put you in less pain.

It was a day before the students returned, You wake up in your room in Hogwarts, it was odd not having Snape beside you. Getting up you yawn and stretch, at least you could see him soon. Getting dressed you do down to breakfast and see a rather handsome blonde man sitting next to Severus at the table. You sit on the other side of Severus who immediately turns his attention to you, smiling warmly.

"How did you sleep?" he asked seriously.

"Better" you mumble. Snape nods and you smile. At this point, the guy had leaned so far to get a glimpse of you his hair had gone into his breakfast.

"Hello gorgeous," the guy said smirking at you. You out in a fake smile, immediately wary of this man while Snape gave him a withering sideways glance.

"Hello?" you say "I'm guessing you are the new defence against the dark arts teacher?" you ask.

"Yes, yes." he said "I am very knowledgeable on the subject" he boasted.

"Yes, well you would need to be if you are teaching in the field," you say.

The guy's smile faltered "Good joke there" he said "Don't you recognise me? "

"No," you say

The guy's smile turned to a frown. "Are you sure?" he asks

"Wait" you say "Aren't you that writer Gobledrick blockheart?"

The guy drowned again while Snape smirked, almost laughing at the way you where deflating his who. "It's Gilderoy Lockheart" he corrects you "My books are very famous, I'm surprised you didn't recognise me, my face is on the back of them all"

"I don't believe I have read any of your works, you see I prefer more refined and well-written pieces of literature" you smile. At this point, McGonigal has burst out laughing but she quickly shut her mouth and grinned at you, knowing exactly what you were doing.

Lockheart had no idea how to reply so kept quiet. "So you teach?" he asks, changing the subject.

"Muggle Studies" you reply.

Lockheart smiled at this. "so I'm guessing not an actually good witch" he laughed. Quickly the room went silent, as all the teachers stared at Lockheart, no more so than Severus. "I meant it as a joke," Lockheart said, his face falling.

"Well professor Lockheart, I was planning to create a duelling club," you  say. "And seeing as I have the impression that you think I do not have the skills, then why don't you run it?"

It seemed like Lockheart had only heard the part about taking control of the duelling club and agreed. Severus looked over at you with a knowing glance, you had one the international duelling championships, three years in a row, and you were not doing to let this pompous twig assert his dominance over you (because that's what Severus is for...)