Chapter 10 ~ The Past

Voldemort and Snape stood in front of you, Volermort held Severus' arm, and his wand dug into Snape. The dark mark started to etch itself onto his skin, Severus winced and stared down at the design appearing in dark ink on his skin.

"I will serve you, my dark Lord" Severus proclaimed as Volermort stood back and smirked at him.

Everything goes hazy, and you appear, you see Severus and Dumbledore, they stood on a large platu. Severus pleaded with Dumbledore, to save the Potters, to save them from Voldemort.

"What will you do for me in return?" Dumbledore asked.

"Anything," Severus said.

"Spy for me, be a double agent. Feedback information and give us the upper hand in this war" Dumbledore said.

"I...I will" Severus answered.

You sat next to Dumbledore, he was watching a trial. A mangled Severus stood in a cage, he was white and shivering.

"As you can see" Dumbledore announced. "Severus Snape is no guilty as I am, and should not be sent to Azkaban. He should instead be made a teacher at Hogwarts, where I may keep an eye on him and if he who shall not be named appears once more he can again become a double agent"

Barty Crouch banged his gravel "We find Severus Snape not guilty" he declared "and agree with Professor Dumbledore's suggestion." immidatly Severus drops back into the holding cell below.

"Severus, how did you get out of going to Asgaban?" Lucious Malfoy asked.

You stood in richly decorated room, Snape sat opposite Lucious, the room as dark dim and shutters closed.

"I persuaded the old fool to take me as the Potions teacher, I had played my part as a spy well,."

Lucious laughed slightly "Dumbledore always was an idiot," he said. "My son is going into Hogwarts this year. Would you look out for him?".

"I shall do what is in my power" Severus said

"We also have the question of Potter" Lucious hissed.  "We should kill him if we have the chance."

"No" Severus retorted. "We should not deprive the Dark Lord with his vengeance."

"You are right" Luscious said "Our Lord's return is close at hand, I heard he has been found and he will go after the philosopher's stone."

"He is after the Philosopher's stone." Severus said seriously.

"Then we must warn Nicholas," Dumbledore said "We shall move it to Hogwarts for safekeeping. Keep an eye out Severus."

"Of course" Severus said. He turned to go

"I am hiring (y/n)" Dumbledore said. Immediately Snape turned."I thought she had died" Snape muttered.

"That's what you told yourself," Dumbledore said.

"I don't have the strength to see her" Severus mumbled "Or to even explain what has happened"

"(y/n) has always loved you" Dumbledore said "and it would only take a fool not to see it"

Snape looked confused but his face contorted into realisation and sadness.

Your eyes snap open, seeing straight into Severus' eyes. His forehead rested on yours and his hands were still on your temples.

"Now you understand," he says "What I have done and have continued to do."

You don't say a word, letting what he had shown you sink in. Gently you wrap your arms around him. "You have gone through so much" you murmur. "I want to take some of your pain away" you gently say, stroking his hair. "I will be with you. No matter what"

"oh (y/n)" he mumbled, he kissed you gently "Your love for me is like nothing I have felt before. It is rich and deep, and perfect"

You smile as he leans down and places another kiss on your lips.