Chapter 28 ~ Never Alone Again

You appear in a park outside a block of houses. You cry still and slip the ring onto your finger. It was a beautiful ring with a small pure green stone embedded into it. Around it wove two branches with little leaves. You stroke it and walk out of the park, doing the magic to get in you ring the doorbell, not wanting to intrude.

Sirius opens the door and smiles. "(y/n)." he said "I was not expecting visitors"

"Yeah, I'm sorry." you said. "I had to leave spinners end as a death eater without his knowledge has taken up residence. I know its a big ask, but can I stay here until the term starts again?"

Sirus looked down on you "Yes, you may" he said. "I'm sorry"

Opening the door he guided you in and taking one of your bags showed you to your room.

"I am not sure how to repay you" you say. "Thank you"

"Forgive me" he said suddenly and you look confused.

"For what?" you ask.

"The bullying, I, I never meant it bad. I have changed. Meeting Harry gave me a wake-up call. That I had done stupid stuff and I need to make up for it"

"I already have" you said "Don't grieve over the past. Change the future" you said smiling.

Sirius tried to make you feel as at home as possible which you thanked him for, however, you couldn't deal with how lonely you felt without Severus. Peter was always watching him which Severus found hard to deal with, especially when wanting to contact you.

It was 2 months until Severus got to see you again, it was an order of the phoenix meeting. You sat next to Severus, your hands together under the table. When it was decided Severus went up to your room with you and you shut the door.

"You are wearing it" he stated and you nod.

"As now an engaged couple I should show it off" you say.

"It was not a proper proposal." he said.

"Then why don't you try again?" you ask.

He got down on one knee and took your hand in his. "(y/n)" he started then looked awkward, unsure what to say. "I am not the most affectionate, cheerful or handsome man" he started and you raised your eyebrows. "But you light something in my heart which makes me want to be by your side forever." he starts crying a little and so do you. "I thought I would never find a person who loved me for who I was, taking my faults and pain and showing me how to love. Oh (y/n). Will you marry me?" he asks, with great emotion in his voice.

"Oh Severus. Yes. Yes. Yes. I love you so much!" you take him I'm a hug, knocking him over and give him passionate kisses all over his face.

Suddenly molly Weasley, Tonks, Lupin and an awkward Sirius come in cheering. Glasses of Champagne in their hands. You go red and get off the floor with Severus and take a glass.

"Congratulations, both of you!" Molly exclaimed "And what a beautiful ring. Oohh" she hugged you with so much happiness and then hugged Severus who is taken by surprise and awkwardly hugs back.

"We must have a meal" Tonks said.

"No, I must go" Severus said.

"Please Severus?" you ask.

Severus looked at you and nodded "Maybe something small" he said.

The meal was quick, some tasty roast thing made my Ms weasly which was superb.

Hermione and Ron looked very awkward and sat in the corner eating. They both were talking about Harry. Hermione trying to ignore the teacher she respected the most celebrating the engagement with someone she didn't particularly like.

In the end, Severus had to go, and you stood on the doorstep with him as the others stayed in the kitchen.

"Stay safe" you say, kissing him.

"For you" he said before disapirating.