Christmas

Severus wasn't very enthusiastic over Christmas, as he had none to share it with. You, however, loved Christmas, having memories of Christmas with family.

You had agreed to stay at Hogwarts with Severus to look after the kids who would stay.

It came to Christmas day and you woke up early. Severus was still fast asleep, his face nuzzled under your chin.

"Wake up sleepy" you whispered, poking him. He didn't move. "Severus" You cooed.

You rolled your eyes and poked him on the cheek and he groaned before opening his eyes.

"What is it?" he asked sleepily.

"It's Christmas!" you say grinning.

Severus groaned and closed his eyes again.

"Come on sleepyhead" you grumbled and getting out from bed you pull the blanket with you.

Severus groaned from the bed. "Seriously (y/n)?" he asked.

"Yes" you said. "Come on I want you to open your present.

Severus huffed but got up and sat down in the small sitting room.

You plopped a gift into his lap and tentatively he unwrapped it." oh" he said.

He picked it up and took the wrapping off to discover the dark coat you had bought him. It was thick and lined inside with fur. On the outside, it was smart and formal.

You grinned as he smiled and put it on.

"It is lovely and warm" he said.

"I'm glad" you grin. "I saw it and thought of you. Oh and there is something in the pocket"

Severus raises his eyebrows and digs into his pocket to discover a little box. Opening it there is a ring. It was black with light silver Celtic knotwork which was around the entire thing.

"I thought, seeing as wear my ring... " you started.

Severus popped it onto his finger and smiled.

"Thank you" Severus said smiling. His lip trembled slightly. "It's the first Christmas present I have ever got since you and Lilly bought me that potion making book."

Your heart broke for Severus and you hugged him. "Well you have one now" you said, kissing your head. "I love you"

Severus stood and kissed you back. He let go and you wiped away one of his tears. His face slightly hardened again.

You smiled gently as he goes over to a cupboard and takes out a little wrapped gift, he shoved it onto your arms.

You opened it curiously to discover a necklace, it was has a small vial attached to a dark chain. Inside was green liquid.

"Wow" you said, taping the glass. "What is it" you asked.

"It's a colour changing potion, it changes if there is danger is near to light green from dark green." you smile and put it on. Even though Voldemort had been defeated, Severus was still worried for your safety.

Severus got up and shuffled into one of the rooms and brung out a little labrador puppy (or any other animals you want). He put it down and it ran towards you.

"Severus" You squealed picking it up. "I love it". it sniffed you and licked your nose.

"Thank you. For both of them" you said, putting down the animal.

"McGonagall said that he can roam around Hogwarts," he said.

The animal took that as go and nosing open the door it went to explore the castle.

"Has it a name?" you asked.

Severus shook his head and you think. "How about Harry?"

Severus face contorted and you laugh.

"I will take that as a no" you giggle.

He huffed slightly. "If you wish to call him Harry" he said.

"Then I will" you decided and giggled.

"Let's go and get some Christmas breakfast" you said taking his hand.

"Or we could just stay in bed" he said lazily. You rolled your eyes.