Chapter 29 ~ Difficulties And Betrayal

Severus met you once more before term started again and filled you in wit everything, about him becoming the defence against the dark arts teacher and also Dumbledore's hand but what scared you more was the fact he had made an unbreakable vow which scared you greatly.

"So how is Peter as a house guest?" you ask

"Annoying, as ever. He cowers mostly and makes the worst food" Severus sneered

"Seeing as he was a rat for so long he would probably only know how to make cheese" you laugh "and rat food"

Severus smirked and rubbed his tired eyes.

"Getting back to Hogwarts it will be better" you say to try and comfort him.

"I fear it will not" he said and looked up at the sky, it was dark and stormy, warning of what was to come.

You go back to school, unpacking your things in your shared room you sigh. "This will be over soon," you think. You decided to sleep together in your original rooms rather than the staff defence against the dark arts room.

Going up to the feast, you meet Slughorn who you remember from school. He was very excited to see you, you were on his wall, at the back but still on his wall.

"Hello professor" you smile.

"(y/n)!" he said "How delightful is it to see you. I hope you and I are coworkers in teaching potions"

"Nope, I am teaching history of magic" you say.

"What a waste of those good abilities of yours. Oh well"

You smile and hum. 

"Well you are always welcome in the potions classes for anything at all" Slughorn said. "You are still in a couple of my pictures of the slug club" he pulled out of his trunk a small picture. It was you, Lilly and Snape standing together. You all looked so happy. 

"Could I take a picture of that?" you ask

"Yes yes" he said. You bring out your phone and snapped a picture. 

"Thanks" you said.

Over the next months, you were there for Severus. You listened and gave him advice, gently nurturing him through the year.

When Malfoy tries once and tries again to murder Dumbledore you decide to watch Malfoy also for Severus.

"They are here" Severus said "The death eaters" you loon at him, biting your lip.  "Come. I think I may need your help"

And with that you followed Severus to the tower, pointing underneath, where Harry stood you quickly went up to him and pressed your finger to your lips and held him back as he tried to attack the death eaters.

You hand goes up to your mouth as Severus killed Dumbledore. He had never told you about the unbreakable vow or Dumbledore wanting to die. As shocked as Harry you felt Betrayed, as the person, who always looked out for you and Severus fell.

Harry pushes you into a corner, as tears streamed down your face. You managed to pull yourself together slightly and looked down at Harry.

"We need to keep you safe eh Potter" you say, becoming him to follow you down the stairs.

Harry runs off as you go after him and see Severus and Beatrix with other death eaters burn down Hagrids hut and walk into the forest.

You help Harry up. Vowing never to speak to Severus again.