Chapter 27 ~ Peter And Propositions

Umbridge mysteriously disappeared near the end of the year which meant now none cared you and Severus was meeting. (McGonagall ships you and him. Idk why) and it also meant you could sleep with him again.

When Umbridge was found by Dumbledore you were pleased that she was being put under investigation.

Soon the year had ended and you dispirited home with Severus. He seemed very worried.

Sitting you down he took your face in his hands and stared into your eyes.

"Listen to me love" he said "This will become the most dangerous year yet. Voldemort has risen and I will be away a lot. death eaters may come to the house. Listen to me, don't answer the door, stay out of sight, disparate if you need to. If you are seen then... I don't know" he gulped, his eyes full of fear for you.

"I know how to protect myself Severus," you say, reaching up your hands told rest on his. "I will not jeopardise your task. You know I wouldn't. We must protect harry and save the wizarding world. So for you." you kiss him "I will do anything".

"thank you my love" he whispered.

You hear a knock on the door. "I'm going to the old woods where we first met," you said, disapirating.

Severus opens the door to see the snivelling wreck of Peter Pettigrew at the door.

"Pettigrew," he said.

"Out lord Voldemort has commanded me to stay with you and help you do his bidding." Pettigrew

Severus stared at Peter and he cowered slightly. "Fine." he hissed opening the door and allowing him to come inside.

"I am going out. Do not touch anything, it is not yours" Snape walked out and quickly went to the old wood, meeting you under the large sycamore tree.

"What news?" you ask.

"Peter Pettigrew has come snivelling to my doorstep" he spits. "He says Voldemort commands he stay with me."

"Then what do I do?" you ask.

"I will get him to run an errand. You pack your bags and go to Grimmauld place" he says. He kisses you passionately, pushing you into the tree behind you. "I love you so much," he said.

"I love you too" you whisper.

"Wait 15 minutes and then come to the house" he said. Kissing you once more he runs in the direction of home.

You silently cry, not wanting to leave Severus but you knew you had too. Keeping an eye on the time you disapirate and see the snivelling Peter walking down the road with his back to you. Quickly you rush in to see Snape already packing your bag. You finish off and stand in the upstairs hallway. It had taken not even a minute and you were crying silent tears through it all.

He places something in your hand and closes it. "For you (y/n), my mother's ring. When this is all over let us marry" he says quickly.

You hear the door rattle and you kiss Severus before disapirating.

"He proposed," you said through tears. "And I may never see him again"