Chapter 4 ~ Halloween

You had been in and on and off relationship with Snape. When you could you chatted and smiled with him but he obviously didn't enjoy speaking with you which you found quite sad. "What did I do?" the question always stayed in your mind.

However at feasts, he seemed to open up, maybe it was the alcohol or the food, but whatever it was you enjoyed it.

Halloween came along and you sat in your seat next to Snape and after the speech from Dumbledore, you got stuck into the delicious food.

"I hope your students have not been too, untamable" he muttered "Most seem to try to run the class."

"Oh, my students are lovely, because you had to choose the subject most are happy learning" you smile.

"I'm guessing yours try?" you ask

"try and fail." he said.

"Well you can cut a very intimidating figure," you say

Before Snape could reply Quirrell ran in shrieking and quickly Snape slipped out as you helped (y/hh) back to their dorms before going looking for the troll.

You see the aftermath of the troll attack and make sure that the kids are okay while the other teachers got rid of the troll's knocked out body.

You go back up to your room and hear a knock on the door. Opening it you see a sweating and in pain Snape. "Can I come in?" he stutters.

You nod and he sits. "Is that blood?" you ask worried

"yes" he mumbled.

"Put your leg on the bed, let me see this" you command. He does as you say and you pull up his robes to see his lovely leg with a large bite mark on it.

"You went to Fluffy" you murmured "Why?" you ask, getting out some healing cream

"I do believe that Professor Quirrell is in league with" he coughed "You know who. He was trying to get the stone".

Your heart beats, faster, terrified "He was killed" you stutter "No, he made five Horcruxes" Snape explained. You go white again.

"I always knew he would come back" you said sadly "And... And will you join him again?..." you ask

Snape looks at you confused.

"I know about the dark mark. I saw it on your arm" you say. "so will you?"

"no." he said "Dumbledore has given me a place and saved me. I owe him to stay here and teach"

You nod and finish dressing Snape's wound. "You will have to limp for a while. I'm sorry" you murmur. You say a spell and the blood disappears from his cloak.

"Thank you" he mumbled.

"Why?" you blurted out "Why are you being so distant with me? I'm sorry we lost contact and I want to make our friendship work but, it seems like you hate me..."

"I, don't hate you," Snape said

"Then what explanation is it?" you ask

"I'm just scared if you get hurt coming near me." he said "because of this" he mumbled, referring to his dark mark.

"I can protect myself" you mutter. Snape looks at you sighing. "I just thought, maybe, you had gotten past Lilly" you said gently "I know, she was such a beautiful woman and such a good friend... But"

"This isn't about Lilly... " Snape said.

"Then who is it about?" you ask.

"I don't know" he hissed  "I will go" he mumbled, leaving the room and hobbling off.

"wait... " you mutter but you closed the door and sighed "I got no answer out of that" you mumbled.