No Rest For The Wicked

It was morning, Autumn hadn't made a single noise, or even moved a muscle for that matter, the whole night.

Minho hadn't slept well, he found that as soon as he fell into a sleep. He'd be awoken by a horrifying nightmare, although he'd never admit it, they were about Autumn.

As the sleep deprived boy sat up, leaning his back against the white wall behind him, his eyes travelled over to the girl. She was sleeping peacefully on his bed, her light breathing and slow rising of her chest, kept Minho sane.

Just as he was about to make his way over to the door, he heard a little whimper, from beside him. His head snapped over to Autumn, to find her eyes slowly peeling open.

He sprung up, and made his way over to her, quickly but slow enough not to startle her.

"Autumn?" Minho spoke softly, reaching an arm out to touch the shaking girl's shoulder.

As his hand came in contact with her arm, she flinched, but as soon as she met his eyes, relaxed.

"Are you okay?" Minho asked, worry lacing every word. As he kneeled next to her, his hand not moving from her shaking arm.

"What-what happened?" Autumn croaked out, her throat still hoarse and throbbing with pain. Her eyes scanned the room, expecting it to give her an answer, as to why she was here.

"Janson, he-" Minho started, carefully choosing his words, as he tried to explain yesterday's events.

At the mention of his name, she curled back, fear burning holes in her eyes. As the previous events flashed before her eyes, reminding her of everything she saw.

She pulled her legs up to her chest, her head buried in the gap between her knees and her stomach, and slowly began to rock herself.

"Hey, hey, come here." Minho said calmly, as he moved to sit next to her on the bed.

He grabbed her small body, and pulled her into his chest. She was situated between his legs, the side of her head pressed against his toned chest. Slowly, she began to unravel, letting her legs fall down over Minho's. Curling up closer to him, she felt tears prick her eyes, as the thought of yesterday came to mind.

"It's okay, let it out, I'm right here." Minho softly cooed, rubbing her back with one hand, and using his other, to run through her ginger hair.

Usually she wouldn't cry in front of others so easily, but right now, she had no choice. Her body was far too weak to even attempt to hold them back, so she didn't.

They sat like that for a further few minutes, Minho slowly rocking her in his arms, as he noticed she'd used this method in the past. He rubbed circles into her back and stroked her hair, as his chin rested on the top of her head.

Soon after, they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"It's unlocked." Minho called, to the person outside. Not willing to relinquish Autumn quite yet.

The door prised it's way open, to reveal their friends. Newt, Thomas, Gally and Frypan all hurried into the room, after seeing Autumn's shaking body.

"Is she okay?" Newt was the first to speak, using his left hand to stroke her right arm, her fingers were clenched into fists around Minho's tshirt.

Minho looked down at the girl in his arms, it reminded him of the night when she slept in them a few nights ago, how he wished he could go back and change what happened.

"She will be." Minho replied calmly, even though he had doubts about how long it would take for her to recover, he knew she would, he knew she was tough.