Suspisions Rising

It was the next day, Minho and Autumn were both sat at their desks, working on new designs and ideas.

"What do you think these are even for?" Autumn whispered to Minho, as she peered her head round the computer, to catch his eyes.

Glancing at Dr Paige, who was too busy congratulating Teresa, to notice them. He replied. "I'm not sure, they haven't actually told us have they?"

Teresa and Aris were the two other people that filled the room, other than their friends. Neither of them liked Teresa much, she enjoyed her work far too much, as she seemed too stuck up for their liking. Aris, on the other hand, Autumn didn't mind, he was constantly kind to her and posed no threat. Minho, however, did not trust him, purely because he hadn't known him before they'd all been thrown in this room together.

"Doesn't that worry you? The fact that we're working on something, we don't even know what's it's use is for." Autumn whispered back, her words laced with worry and confusion.

"What are you saying?" Minho glanced at Autumn, confused as to what she was hinting at.

"I'm saying, what if they use this for bad, or even, against us." Autumn whispered urgently, her mind racing with the fact they'd been told nothing about this project. Yet everyone was going along with it willingly.

"How would that work though? Surely we'd just remember everything about it, since we created it. It could never be a real danger to us." Minho replied, attempting to calm the girl's nerves. It's not that he didn't have his suspicions as well, but he didn't want to make her more worried than she already was.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Autumn sighed, not completely convinced, as she slumped back in her chair, she not taking her eyes off him.

"They're probably just using them for the cranks, or something." Minho suggested, his eyes flickering back and forth, from the girl and his work.

"Yeah, maybe." Autumn quietly responded, closing her eyes and rubbing her aching temples.

~

Minho and Autumn were walking back from dinner together, as they reached Autumn's door, Minho stopped.

Autumn cautiously eyed the boy stood in front of her, opening her mouth to ask him what was wrong, she found herself cut off by him.

"I was, uh, just wondering, if you'd, uh... like to do on a, um, date with me?" Minho stuttered out, struggling to maintain eye contact with the shocking girl.

"A date?" Autumn questioned, clearly surprised by his question.

"Yeah, you know- sitting around and chatting, but with a more, uh, romantic atmosphere." Minho responded, nervously, eyeing the floor.

"Wow, is Minho nervous? Never in my days have I seen a time, where Minho was nervous." Autumn joked, as she watched the boy in front of her, die of nerves.

"Hey, i'm not-" Minho quickly tried to cover up for his uncommon act, but was interrupted by Autumn.

"Yes." Autumn spoke abruptly, eyes glued to Minho.

"What?" Minho asked, as he finally looked back up into her eyes.

"Yes, I'd love to go on a date with you."Autumn smiled, as she responded to him.

Minho's face instantly lit up with happiness, smiling at her, his mouth opened and closed a few times, unsure of how to respond.

"Ok, well, just leave it to me." Minho quickly said, before turning on his heel, and quickly walking away to his room.