Boring Is Not A Very Good Nickname

It had been a few weeks, and Minho and Autumn's friendship only grew stronger.

They were really close, and pretty much wanted to spend every second with each other.

"You know that storage room we came across a few weeks ago." Minho asked, as him and Autumn walked down a corridor together.

"I was hoping you'd forgotten about that." Autumn replied, rolling her eyes at the boy.

"Yeh, well, I want to go back, bet they have some cool stuff in there."

"That's what you said last time." Autumn sighed at his determination. "There probably isn't anything exciting in there, it is just a storage room, remember."

"Gosh Aut, you're so boring."

"Am not." She retaliated, glaring back at him.

"Well if you're not boring then you'll come with me."

"Fine." Autumn gave in, throwing her arms in the air in defeat.

"You're far too curious for your own good."

"You're right, but it hasn't got me in trouble yet." Minho winked at the girl.

"Well you better not take you down with you."

"Come on, boring." Minho called, as he grabbed her hand and pulled her down the remaining corridors.

Arriving at the door, Minho pushed it open and walked in, closely followed by Autumn.

"Well then, show me what's so amazing about this place." Autumn slumped down into the free corner, leaning her head against the wall behind her.

"Yeh yeh, give me a minute, boring."

Autumn scoffed at her new nickname.

After a few minutes of Minho riffling through the boxes that lay upon the shelves, he spoke up.

"Autumn, come check this out."

She reluctantly stood up, and made her way over to where he was stood.

He had pushed a few boxes aside, exposing a vent.

"It's a vent?" Autumn places her hands on her hips, unamused.

"Exactly." Minho replied, smiling at his new discovery.

"Please explain." She huffed.

"It's looks big enough for someone to fit into." Minho started, but was quickly cut off.

"There's no way I'm going in there."

"What? Come on, it'll be fun." Minho sulked.

"What's fun about crawling through a dusty claustrophobic vent."

"This way we won't have to go through the corridors when we're out at night, and the vents might lead to somewhere we've never been before, somewhere you can't get to via corridor." Minho explained, convinced this was the best idea he'd ever had.

"So it'll reduce the risk of getting caught, and increase the places we can venture to." Autumn spoke out loud, still not totally convinced this was a good idea.

Minho had now opened the vent door, pushing it aside, and cupped his hands together, prepared to push Autumn up into the vent.

"You owe me." Autumn spoke, as she placed one foot on his hands, and used both her hands to balance herself on the shelves.

Slowly and carefully she pulled herself into the vent, which was much smaller than she'd hoped, but big enough.

After a few seconds of noise from outside the vent, Minho's head popped in, followed by the rest of his body.

"Lead the way, partner." Minho called, gesturing for her to go first.

Autumn sighed, as she started to crawl her way through the vent. Trying to make as little noise as possible, as she was unsure how loud it would sound to someone passing underneath them.

After about two minutes of endless crawling, she called back to the boy following her.

"Where exactly is this supposed to take us?" Autumn called.

"That's the fun of it, you don't know where you'll end up." Minho voice echoed around the vent.

"What happens if we end up in Paige's office, or something, then what?"

"That's highly unlikely, I'm sure we'll be just fine." Minho replied.

"Well that's convincing." She whispered, her sentence bursting with sarcasm.

"Ya know, for someone who's agoraphobic, you'd expect to be enjoying this much more than I am." Autumn spoke, slowing down her pace slightly, crawling in a cramped vent was tiring.

"Wait, you're agoraphobia?" Minho came to a full stop.

Realising that Minho has stopped, she turned around to face him. "Yeah, why?"

"Nothing, just had no idea."

"Well it's not really important, hasn't affected me enough to physically show my uncomfort yet. It's easy to control." Autumn was confused as to why he was so curious.

"Sorry." Minho spoke quietly, eyeing the floor of the vent.

"Don't be, it's really nothing. Plus we've got bigger things to worry about. I thought you were that one that was eager to explore these vents, huh?"

"You're right, continue on Captain." Minho saluted to her, as she turned around laughing.