Morning Sickness

Warning: Throwing up

It was that morning, that dreaded morning, when Autumn had to let go one of her closest friends.

They'd all woken up, smiley and happy to be in each other's presence. Until they remembered what today was, and their smiles dropped.

Autumn had clutched at Minho's hand the whole way to breakfast. It was almost as though he was her anchor, the only thing holding her down. Holding her back from coming lose at the seams- and breaking.

They'd hardly spoken during breakfast. They kept their heads down, and eyes on their food, as they quietly ate it.

Minho ate with his left hand, of course.

As soon as Autumn had eaten as much of her food as she could force down, she used her right hand to grip onto the side of Gally's shirt.

She didn't want him to slip away from her.

When Minho saw this he almost burst into tears. His poor girl. He could feel her hand shaking in his, and could see the water lining her eyes.

He was about to say something when a couple of guards burst through the doors. Everyone's heads jerked up to look at the commotion.

The guard at the front made eye contact with Gally, and spoke in a stern voice. "You have two minutes."

No. It couldn't possibility be happening now. Autumn was sure it was too early for him to be taken away. But of course, she was wrong.

Her head turned to look at Gally, he was clearly trying to put on a brave face. He pulled her into a hug, whispering to her. "I'll be just fine. I'll see you soon. It'll all be okay."

She held onto his shirt with all her might, clenching her little hands around the cotton. Squeezing her eyes shut, in hopes of stopping her tears from streaming out of her eyes.

He broke away from her, and walked around the table towards Frypan.

Everything looked as though it was going in slow motion. Everything was muffled, as if she was underwater.

Her face filled with pure agony, as she fell backwards into Minho's arms, both still sat on the bench. Watching as Gally pulled Fry into a short hug, and then placed his hand onto Newt's shoulder.

He seemed to say something to him, although Autumn couldn't understand what was being said.

Gally's eyes then moved to met Minho's, giving him a curt nod. No words needed to be exchanged, as they both knew what the other meant.

Gally gave Autumn one last smile, as a guard walked towards him. Her world stopped as Gally willingly went with the guards. Her eyes stuck to him until he was out of sight.

Minho tried to talk to the girl, but she made no clarification that she'd heard or understood what he'd said. She seemed frozen, her eyes still on the last place she'd seen Gally.

"C'mon, sweetheart. Let's go." He rubbed at his eyes, as they were stinging slightly. Pulling on the girl's hand, in an attempt to get her away from prying eyes.

All four of them began to slowly make their way out of the canteen. Autumn was so out of it she didn't even see Newt get pulled aside by a guard.

The walk back to Minho's room was silent. They'd unknowingly left Newt in the canteen, and parted ways with Frypan soon after.

"It's really happening, isn't it?" Autumn whispered, her eyes filled with disbelief.

"I guess it really is." Minho couldn't comfort the girl with his words, he knew that. So he just held her in his arms, rubbing her back.