Unspeakable Pain From a Broken Heart

The silence was filled with unspoken words. They'd already cried in each other's arms earlier, they didn't want to bring down the semi-pleasant mood they'd created.

A semi-pleasant mood was the most they were getting when they were about to ripped apart.

Autumn was lent against Minho's chest, as she read. Whilst he switched between reading, and possibly drawing in that notebook of his. Honestly, she wasn't too sure. He was sat behind her after all, and she didn't dare turn around in fear of meeting his eyes, and bursting into more tears.

They'd been like this all day, sat in that old room they'd discovered through the vents.

Autumn felt her eyes flutter, as they got heavier. She forced them open, determined to stay awake to spend more time with Minho. So instead of focusing on the words on the page, she focused on the finger combing through her hair.

"Aut." Minho's force tore at her heart when she heard the strain in it, clearly from the crying.

"Yes." She turned her head, making eye contact with him for what felt like the first time in hours. As soon as she did, she knew why she'd been avoiding it. Her heart ripped itself into smaller pieces at the sight of his bloodshot eyes.

"Go to sleep, darling." His voice was delicate, and full of sympathy. "I know you're tired, sweetheart, I got you."

"But I want to stay awake with you." Her right hand dropped her book, as she turned around more.

"I'll be here when you wake up. Rest." His calming voice, and the hand stroking through her hair forced her eyes shut again.

"Okay, okay." She obliged, but not before looking at him longingly, she didn't want to forget his beautiful face.

She settled down against his chest now, one hand wrapped around his waist, with the other clutching the front of his top.

"I got you." Gently rocking the girl in his arms, he secured his right arm around her body, whilst his left continued combing through her hair.

It didn't take long before she fell asleep, although she tried to fight it as long as possible. As she knew there was no better feeling than in his arms.

He kissed her head, securing her in her deep sleep.

~

It wasn't long before Autumn practically bolted awake, startling Minho out of his dream as well.

"Hey, you ok?" Minho's hand came up to hold the side of Autumn's face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry, I don't know why that happened. I didn't mean to wake you." Her body instantly relaxed at Minho's touch.

"It's okay, really. Now come back here and let me hold you for a bit." Faint smiles were painted on both their lips, as Autumn practically flung herself back at him.

After a few more minutes, holding each other, Autumn started to get restless. Minho knew he couldn't put it off any longer, so he suggested they get up.

Making their way through the vents and back to their room, holding hands the whole way. They didn't dare to say a word to each other.

"Hop up." He tapped the counter twice before turning to get out the first aid kit.

"Smile for your doctor, please." Minho teased, swiping his hand across her cheek.

She tried her best for him, she really did. But even as she plastered on her most convincing smile, he could see the numbness in her eyes.

"Beautiful." He kissed her cheek quickly, before opening the kit.

She was. He knew she was beautiful. She didn't need to smile for him to see it. He only wished she could have done it out of happiness, and not simply because he had asked.