Sunsets Together

Autumn checked her watch. 11:58 pm.

She'd changed into a pair of dark grey denim jeans, and put on a pink jumper for good measure.

Pacing her room, she checked her watch again. 11:58 pm.

Stop. You're being stupid. You've never been caught before, so why now?

She hadn't been to her roof for a few weeks now, so a schedule could have changed, and someone would catch her, or she'd forget the way, and someone would catch her.

She couldn't stop herself from overthinking, so she moved back over to her bed, and looked out the window. It was pretty dark by now.

Autumn whipped her head round, as she heard a knocking on the door.

Smiling as she made her way to the door, opening it to reveal Minho.

"Didn't think I'd chickened out did you." Minho whispered as he lent against the door frame.

"Be silent and follow me." She whispered back, before grabbing Minho's hand and pulling him along, behind her.

They remained in silence as they wove through the corridors, and up the staircases, their hands still connected.

Autumn stopped at a white coloured door, it blended into the walls so well she would have missed it, if she didn't know it was already there.

"Is this is?" Minho stared at Autumn, who was eyeing the door carefully.

She looked at him before letting go of his hand and pushing it open, creaking with every movement.

They were met with an array of piercing colours, pinks and oranges danced together along the stars, whilst the darker reds and purples swam amongst the moon.

"Wow." In the all sunsets she'd seen, this was by far the most beautiful.

"Wow indeed." Minho replied, as his eyes landed on Autumn.

Together, they found a spot on the edge of the roof to sit.

"You were right, this place really is spectacular." Minho couldn't keep his eyes of the painting in front of him.

"I'm always right." Autumn added with a smile, earning a small chuckle from Minho.

"So is this when the thinking starts?"

"Uh huh." Both of their eyes still locked on the explosion of colour.

They sat in silence for a while, enjoying each others company, just thinking or watching the sunset.

Until Minho broke the silence, "How often do you come here?"

"I used to come at least once a week, but I stopped recently." Autumn answered.

"Why?" Minho had his eyes on her now.

"I don't know really, I guess I forgot how beautiful this place really was." Autumn shivered as she finished her sentence.

Despite the jumper she'd thrown on, she was still feeling the cold night air.

"You cold?" Minho had noticed her shiver.

"I guess I forgot how cold this place was too."

Minho pulled her along the roof until she was right up next to him, he kept his arm around her, pulling her into him.

"Better?"

Autumn just nodded. She could feel her eyes beginning to feel heavy, as his heartbeat began to sent her to sleep.

Minho looked down at the girl sleeping on his shoulder, she certainly was the most spectacular thing here.