The Prettiest Blanket

It had been a few weeks since their first vent adventure. Minho and Autumn spent lots of time on the roof together, as well this new room they'd found through the vents.

It was 10 pm and Minho and Autumn were crawling through the vents, towards their newly found room.

After crawling in, they both stationed themselves on a wall, draping blankets over their cold legs.

They'd brought blankets in before hand, as the room held a cold ora about it.

"Hey, Minho, that's my blanket." Autumn called, as she tried to snatch the blanket from the boy's grasp.

"You'll have to come get it." Minho replied, as he held it above the girl's head.

Autumn reached over, and attempted to grab it again. She failed, as Minho was much taller than her, and had longer arms.

Standing up on her feet, she tried to grab it again. Minho just stood up, aswell, still holding the blanket far out of reach.

"No fair." Autumn pouted, as she put one hand of Minho's shoulder, whilst the other one hung in the air, trying to reach it every time she jumped.

"What's so special about this blanket anyway?" Minho asked, as he tickled the girl mid-jump.

"It's my favourite, and it's the prettiest." Autumn responded, crossing her arms over the chest, as she stared out the pink blanket embroidered with gold stars.

"I think you'll find I'm the prettiest thing in this room." Minho smirked, as he brought the blanket behind his back instead.

The girl ran straight into his chest, both arms reaching round, in hopes of reached the blanket. Her head pressed neatly against his chest, both hands grabbing for the pink blanket.

"You wish." Autumn shot back, a grin forming on her face, as she insulted the big headed boy.

"You're gonna regret that." Minho teased, as he dropped the blanket on the floor. He picked up the small girl, in one quick motion, and threw her onto the heap of blankets behind her.

Autumn's hair was splayed everywhere, attempting to push it out her face, she playfully glared at Minho.

"I'm gonna get you back for that." Autumn seethed, death glaring the boy who was still laughing at her.

"You wish." Autumn charged at the boy, attempted to tackle him down. But instead of him falling to the floor, he swooped Autumn up, and over his shoulder.

Spinning around in circles, he felt the girl's hands form fists around his shirt, in an attempt to stay on.

"You're gonna have to try harder than that, if you want to take me down, Autie." Minho chuckled, as he stopped spinning, and held the girl tightly in his arms.

"Oh yeah?" Autumn questioned, with a new fierceness in her voice. She didn't actually care if she took him down or not, chances are she wouldn't be able to anyway. But this was far to fun for her to want to stop.

Attaching her arms around his waist, she swung her legs over his back, as she moved her head round his side. Landing, not very elegantly, on the floor beneath them.

"Damn you've got skills, Autumn, I'll give you that." Minho called, slightly out of breath, as he got ready for her next attack.

Autumn smiled in response, as she looped her legs behind his, kicking the back of his knees. He faltered, loosing his balance and falling to the floor. As he fell, he grabbed onto Autumn's hand, pulling her down with him.

They both landed on the bundle of blankets, Autumn on top of Minho. They both burst out laughing, as they lay there together.

After a few more minutes of laughing, they stationed themselves back onto the wall, both tucked under the pink blanket.

"Do you think we'll every see our families again?" Autumn sighed, as she lent close to Minho, she could feel his body heat passing over her.

"Bored of me already, Fall?" Minho joked, playfully pushing the girl's arm.

"Minho!" She whined, pleading for the boy to just answer her question.

"Well since you're waiting to get rid of me.." Minho started, before Autumn abruptly cut him off.

"Minho, answer the question." Autumn spoke seriously.

Minho's breath halted as he really thought about her question, fumbling with his words, he finally answered. "I don't know, Autumn, I really don't know. Maybe one day, we'll be able to save the world, and our families. But we've got each other now, yeah?"

Autumn smiled, at the sweetness of his answer. "Yeah." She replied, tilting her head up to meet Minho's soft eyes.

She quickly, buried her head into Minho's side, his warmth and touch soothing her. Minho wrapped his arm around the girl he'd grown close to rather quickly, pulling her closer to his side.

After a few minutes of just enjoying each others company, Minho grew tired. Letting out a yawn, he looked down to the girl in his arms.

"Hey Autie, we should get going, we're both getting pretty tired." Minho whispered, at the girl with her eyes closed.

"Nmmm." Autumn groaned back, shuffling closer to him, as a sign she wasn't planning on moving any time soon.

"Alright, don't come crying to me when Rat Man punishes you, for being out of bed after hours." Minho whispered jokingly, secretly happy to be spending more time with the girl, that was silently sleeping on him.

He looked down at her one last time, carefully wiping a stray piece of hair out of her face. Before leaning against the wall, and closing his eyes himself.