Pinkie Promises Are Cool

Autumn awoke to the sound leaves rustling in the wind, and the occasional car speeding past.

She noticed her crimson hair blowing in the wind, before it dropped back down onto her shoulder.

It was still pretty dark, she guessed it was around 6:00 am.

Someone's breathing began to swim around her ears, as all her senses adjusted to her new surrounding.

Confused, she turned her head to the side, her eyes catching onto Minho's fast asleep face.

Her head was still lying on his shoulder, as his lay on top of hers, whilst his arm hung loosely around her waist.

It took her a moment to realise where they were, they had fallen asleep on the roof.

The word, fuck, was sprinting around her brain.

Autumn abruptly took her head off of Minho's shoulder, leaving his head to lollop to the side.

Bringing her arms up to his shoulders, she shook them hastily.

"Minho! Minho, wake up. Minho!" Autumn called out to the sleeping boy.

"Hmm.." Minho whispered back still in his daze.

"Wake up, god dammit. We fell asleep on the roof." Autumn was still shaking his shoulders aggressively.

"What? Oh my-" Minho was cut off by Autumn pulling him to his feet.

"We gotta go, before someone finds out we're missing." They'd both now reached the door.

Autumn turned around to face Minho, her eyes locked onto his messy hair, she would of laughed if she wasn't so worried.

"Stay silent, and stay close." Autumn announced before launching the door open and leaping out.

They ran along the corridors, and down the flights of stairs as quietly as possible.

"We're almost there, just..." Autumn stopped, as she heard the sound of approaching footsteps.

Minho had clearly heard them too, as he pulled her towards a storage room. "In here." He swung open the door and pulled her in.

It was small, but was big enough for the two to fit comfortably.

Autumn had her ear pressed against the door, waiting for the footsteps to decrease.

"I think it's ok now." Autumn turned around to find Minho searching the shelves.

"I bet they have some cool stuff in here." Minho's hand was stuffed into one of the boxes at his head, he was stood on the tips of his toes trying to reach around.

"We don't have time, we can investigate later." Autumn rolled her eyes as she pulled the curious boy away.

"I'm holding you to that." Minho replied, before slowly opening the door again, and stepping out.

Autumn just chuckled, before following him down the corridors once more.

After a few more minutes they both arrived at Autumn's room.

"Looks like we're in the clear, I don't think anyone's realised yet." Autumn whispered, as she peered into her undisturbed room.

"Sorry for falling asleep on you earlier." Autumn apologised, hoping the burn on her cheeks wasn't visible in the dark corridor.

"Don't sweat it, I fell asleep too." Minho let out an unnoticeable laugh at her cheeks, although he secretly thought it was adorable.

"Can't lie, you make a pretty nice pillow, amongst all of your muscle." Autumn was leaning against her open door.

"See! Told you I have muscles." Minho's face lit up, as he flexed his muscles at her.

"Yeh yeh, whatever." Autumn rolled her eyes, and began to turn away.

"Thanks for showing me your roof, Fall, it's beautiful." Minho grabbed her arm before she could leave.

"It can be our special place, as long as you can promise to keep it a secret." Autumn teased.

"Hey! I can keep a secret." Minho called back, offended.

"Yeah, sure you can." The sarcasm dripping of every word.

Minho held his pinkie in the air.

Autumn stared at it, amused, until she realised what he was doing.

She locked her pinkie with his, as he spoke, "Now, I have to keep the promise, our pinkies have locked it away, in a pinkie promise."

As childish as it was, Autumn found it sweet.

"See you at breakfast then." Minho called as he walked to his room.

"Goodnight." Autumn called back with a wave.

"Goodnight, Autie."

They parted ways, both with smiles permanently engraved on their faces.