Racing Down Our Hallways

"So what brings you here Autumn?" Minho asked in an almost cocky voice. Propping his arm against the hospital blue table, as he used his left hand to point around them.

"I keep seeing you running past my window, care to explain?"

"Well you see, we all have this competition going on, to see who can run the quickest time." He started. "Clearly I'm in the lead." He finished as he flexed his muscles.

"What were you supposed to be flexing? I don't see any muscles?" She laughed as Minho looked taken aback. Both Newt and Thomas were laughing with her.

Still laughing as Minho moved his hand over his heart, she continued, " If that's all the muscles you have, I doubt it would be very hard to beat you." She knew she couldn't beat him, she'd never been one for sport, but she enjoyed teasing him.

"Well if that's how it is, I see no reason not to add you to the competition." Minho clapped his hands against the table, nodding at both Newt and Thomas.

She opened her mouth to reply when she was cut off by Thomas, "Oh look it's Fry."

She was confused at the uniquely odd name.

Frypan took a seat next to Thomas, as Minho spoke up, "This is Autumn." She smiled sweetly at Fry, she was never the best a first impressions.

"Nice to meet you Autumn, I'm Frypan." Short brown hair, dark brown eyes, an obnoxiously happy smile, tall, chubbier than the others.

The name Frypan, only confused her more.

"Are you like a chef or something?" She questioned, her eyes trailing over to Minho to find some sort of guidance.

"No, honestly I have no idea how my friends came up with my nickname, but now I'm stuck with it." He chuckled, cracking open his tomato and lettuce sandwich, this boy had taste.

"Hey Fry, Where's Gally?" Newt turned to face Frypan, a chicken sandwich dangling from his left hand.

Her brain became more fogged, as they spoke another odd name.

"Oh, he's just on his way. Got caught up with Ratman." Frypan replied, taking a bite into his sandwich, grimacing at the taste, before taking another bite.

"Who's 'Ratman'?" She asked, with slightly amusement in her voice, it was clearly another ridiculous nickname they'd come up with.

"There he is." Minho pointed his finger at a middle aged man, that was currently pushing a boy through the door. Short light brown hair, brown eyes, slight facial hair, tall. Mid 30s, authority stance.

"To be fair, he does kind of look like a rat." She giggled, as she assessed the man's features. He wasn't the most pleasant to look at.

The boy that had just been with 'Ratman' had a scowl on his face, and was making his way towards the table. Fists clenched.

He sat down loudly, clearly frustrated with whatever had just happened. "We're letting girls in now?" He huffed with disapproval, grabbing his sandwich off his plate.

Short blond hair, bright blue eyes, intense eyebrows. Easily agitated, sexist, tall, muscles.

He clearly wasn't a fan of Autumn, which slightly offended her since he'd only just met her.

"This is Autumn, she's going to be joining our competition." Newt said turning to face Gally. He clearly wanted to stand up for her, but didn't have the guts to.

She smiled at him to show her gratitude, although she would of happily introduced herself.

"Seriously? A girl?" Gally looked down right disgusted now. Pushing his tray away from him, as if the thought put him off his meal.

"Excuse me, just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm any weaker or slower than you." She shot him a glare as she stood up for herself. Her auburn hair swaying in front of her face, giving her a lioness look.

"Prove it then." He looked her dead in the eye in hopes of intimidating her. It did a little, but she didn't show it on her face, she was rather used to boys thinking they were better than everyone.

"Oh I will." She shot back. She was slightly worried she wouldn't be able to beat him, but there was no turning back now.

Autumn stood up first, followed by the boys, and strutted to the hallway of her room.