Early Mornings

Autumn was woken that morning by a heavy knowledge of the door. She groaned, pressing her head into her pillow.

Pushing the thin blanket off of her, she pressed her feet to the cold floor and walked over to the door.

"Hello, I am here on behalf of Dr Paige. You have five minutes to get ready, and then I'll escort you to her."

It was a man, maybe around his thirties, standing at the door. He had dark brown hair, and very prominent green eyes. He looked like he wasn't feeling like being nice today.

"Where-" She was cut off by this man talking again.

"No questions until we arrive." He deadpanned, his face showing no emotion.

"Alright then." She muttered to herself as she shut the door. This place really was odd.

Finishing getting ready, she made her way back to the door, tucking her long hair behind her ears as she walked.

"Ready?" The man was leant against the wall now. The sleeve on his left arm had been rolled up, Autumn assumed, it was so he could check the time.

"Yup."

She was cautious to follow this man, since she had no idea who he was or where he was taking her. Although, she quickly gathered she didn't have much of a choice.

But she quickly followed, not wanting to get yourself in trouble. He clearly had very little patience, and she was not in the mood to test it so early in the morning.

He led her down a few corridors, and up a few floors before they'd reached the location.

"You will wait here." He spoke in a monotone voice, gesturing to the hallway with a few stray seats in the middle.

"Ok then." She whispered, she couldn't be bothered to argue with him, or try and ask any questions, because she knew she wouldn't get any answers.

Sitting on the plastic white chair, reminded her of the hospital waiting rooms as a child, they never did have the nicest atmosphere.

The backs of the chairs had this itching black fabric, that was supposed to be cushioning but felt horrible. So she made sure not to lean back accidentally.

"So I guess you've been kidnapped too?"

She turned her head to her right, to the doorway she'd just come from, to see who'd spoken.

"Yup. My kidnapper wouldn't even let me speak." She joked back, smiling at the boy's arrival.

"Damn. How you doing Autumn?" He asked, as he strolled over to her.

"Apart from the fact I just got woken up and dragged here out of my will, I'd say I'm alright. What about you, Minho?"

"Same here sister." He replied leaning back into the chair next to her. "Ow, this fabric is horrible."

Laughing at his disgusted face, she responded, "You'd think in a rich place like this, they'd at least be able to afford comfy chairs."

"Your not wrong there, Auts." Minho glared at the back of the chair, before adjusting how he was sitting to avoid it at all costs.

"Auts? Is that my new nickname?" Autumn smirked, she was never quite the fan of the whole bonding stage, although she didn't mind her new nickname.

"Yup, came up with it myself." Minho spoke, as he glanced up and down the hallway, eager to know what they'd been called her for.

"Right, well now I have to give you one. What about.... Mean-hoe." She chuckled at the name, she praised herself for the creativity of the name.

"What! I've been nothing but nice to you." Minho acted offended, raising his voice.

A door creaked open, and out stepped a woman with blonde short hair.

"You're both late." She said, arms crossed.

"How? We've been sat here for three minutes." Minho said, clearly annoyed at the woman who had summoned them so early in the morning.

"You didn't come in though, did you?." The blondie could clearly not be bothered with the two.

"Our kidnappers didn't tell us that." Autumn replied, getting a small laugh out of Minho.

"Just come in now then." The woman huffed, before entering the room herself, expecting the two to follow in suit.

Her and Minho both entered the room to see there were people already inside. In fact she knew these people.

Newt, Gally, Thomas, Frypan and one other girl she hadn't seen before.

"Guys?" Minho questioned, looked at his friends with confusion.

"Just sit down will you two."

This woman clearly wasn't a fan of either of them. At least the feeling was mutual.

They both took a seat and she started.

"All of you have been brought here because you're special. It is a big honour. Here we're working on something big, that's going to save our world. We need your help."

"What exactly will we be doing." Thomas asked, leaning forward on his chair like an exciting puppy.

"You'll find out very soon." She answered, turning around and rummaging through some papers.

"What are we working on." Newt chimed, scratching the back of his neck.

"You'll find that out too. But for now, go eat breakfast, and meet me back here at," She checked her watch before continuing. "9:30."

Everyone filed out the door, and starting making their way towards the dining hall.

"Always knew I was the special one." Minho started.

"She said we're all special, besides, you're forgetting the fact she already hates us two."

"Yeh yeh, she'll love me soon enough."

"How do you know I'm not the special one, huh?" She retorted, as they both ran down another flight of stairs.

"How can you be the special one, when I've got these babies." He flexed his muscles.

"Like I told you, nothing there."