Our little secret

"Help you do what?"I asked Tom was certainly not himself tonight.

"Open the chamber of secrets"He replied as if it was nothing.I shoved him back away from me glaring.

"No I wont help you do that, come talk to me when your not some psycho wanting to kill half the school"I said and ran up the girls dormitory stairs quickly slamming the door earning me a glare from all the girls in the room who had been fast asleep but I didn't care I huffed and lay down on my bed as a sleepy Penelope walked like a zombie over to my bed and sat on my feet.

"Penelope"I said looking up at her slouched form in the moonlight which streamed in through a window close by.

"Yeah"She said sleepily while yawning.

"Your sitting on my feet"I replied half laughing.

"Oh ok sorry"She said and moved off my feet but ended up falling backwards off the bed which seemed to fully wake her up.

"OK I AM AWAKE NOW"She yelled getting up from the floor in a hurry.

"Better?"I asked smirking we couldn't see each other that well because it was dark but I knew that she would be able to hear the smirk on my lips.

"Hey not funny"Penelope replied and threw her pillow from her bed at me as I laughed and squealed earning myself a sleepy groan of complaint from the other girls.

"I am going to bed"I said and quickly threw on my pjs and brushed my teeth before getting under the bed covers.

"Yeah me too we don't want a zombie apocalypse"Penelope replied facing me in her bed.I laughed a little and then closed my eyes but found no matter how still or how many sheep I counted I couldn't fall asleep.I decided to go down to the common room with a book as it was too dark in here to see hardly anything.

I quietly closed the door behind me and crept down the stairs I didn't want Victoria Clearwater on my case as a prefect she had her own room on the way up to the girls dormitory and could easily hear any commotion that went on up there so you soon learnt not to say anything private in that room because you never knew if she was listening in or not.I sat down by the fire and opened the book taking out the bookmark and I soon got so concentrated on the book that I didn't even notice that someone was sat on the long green sofa.

"You shouldn't be up at this sort of time"Someone said making me have a mini heart attack and drop the book I had been so engrossed in just seconds before.I frowned when I saw Tom looking as perfect as ever sat with his leg crossed over the other and resting on top of the other one and his arms resting on the top of the sofa back.

"Neither should you"I replied picking up my book again completely ignoring the urge to run into his arms and hug him.

"It'll be our little secret then"Tom said his eyes which seemed to light up as he looked from me to the fire.

"Say a word to Victoria and I will not hesitate to get my revenge"I said putting the bookmark into my book and placing it on the floor where I was sat on the carpet.Tom looked back to me again and smiled which made me melt a little inside I hardly ever saw him smile.

"That's my girl"He replied and I rolled my eyes resisting the urge to smile it was so obvious that I was madly in love with an absolute psycho.

"Why are you up?"I said a little uncomfortable as I was in my pjs and Tom was still smartly dressed in his school uniform wearing his Slytherin prefect badge.

"I knew you would have to apologize to me sometime so I am waiting for that apology"Tom said smirking as he looked into the fire.

"Well you will be waiting a long time then"I replied and laughed a little shaking my head and picking up my book and putting it on the table, sitting next to Tom on the sofa resting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

"Whats this then?"Tom asked wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him.

"I am more tired now and you are warm"I replied burying my face into his chest feeling it rise and fall.

"Well then I wont be letting you go"Tom replied kissing my head.

"That's alright"I mumbled snuggling closer to him.

"Good"Tom whispered in reply as I began to drift off to sleep safely enclosed in Toms arms I was hoping he would be like this tomorrow but it was highly unlikely he had different mood changes all the time I could never tell what he was going to be like but it was times like this that I truly cherished because they were so rare.