The letter

Only 24 hours have passed and yet the headlines of every newspaper was to do with the war which was raging on.I had to admit with no word from Tom I was growing worried,I know I shouldn't be,I mean he knows how to take care of himself and he did have several horcruxes meaning he wouldn't actually die if he should be wounded,but still I couldn't help but worry.The front door shut and within seconds I was downstairs staring intently at the letters which Gabby held in hand,she took what felt like forever to flick through them and I let out an exaggerated sigh beginning to lose my patience.I looked over to the window and upon looking back to the house elf,I saw her skinny little hand outstretched clutching a letter,my name was scrawled over the parchment in cursive handwriting,Toms.I snatched it off her and ran up the stairs,muttering a quick thank you before slamming my bedroom door shut.I expected to be happy with the contents only to be left disappointed,Tom would not be coming home for at least a week,to some it may not seem like a while but for me it felt like eternity.  

The doorbell went and so putting the letter down on the bed and once again walking downstairs to the front door.Opening it to reveal a tearful Penelope.I didn't need to ask what was wrong,that could be done later,right now she needed someone to lean on,after all she did look like she was about to fall in a heap on the floor.

"Whats wrong?"I asked after I had led Penelope up to my room so that Gabby couldn't spy on us in the library.

"My baby boy...h-hes fighting at the s-school,hes n-not old enough!"Penelope began to sob uncontrollably while I frowned,she had no children,her baby with James had died while I was in Azkaban.

"You don't have a child..."

"Yes,I do,my parents just didn't want my reputation to be completely ruined so they sent my little solider to live with the Potters,he is after all also James's child"I was speechless,how could Penelope go this long without telling me something like this,especially when there had been plenty of opportunity's. 

"You mean to say,that the baby you told me you lost is...in fact...alive.Oh god Penelope!"There was nothing either of us could do unless we wanted to take sides in the war,I would never abandon Tom like that.

"Yes,but he could be dead soon!You have to help me! Please!"She was on her knees literally begging me to help her.I didn't answer but looked away in thought.We could go to the school and try and remain unseen,grab the boy and possibly his friends,taking them to safety,but that would mean we could potentially be seen by aurors or either sides fighters.

"Its strange what one boys obsession with power can do..."Penelope's voice suddenly broke me from my thoughts and I gave her a weak smile,this war was having the same effect on us because we both worried for someone involved,whether that was by choice or bravery.

"I think we need to pay a little visit to the school"