Christmas trio

"Tom!"I exclaimed as I felt hands go over my eyes just as I had got down the steps.

"If I take my hands away you wont look will you?"I heard him say beside me ear and I shook my head no.

"Wait here"Tom commanded before walking off for a minute or two as I waited patiently by the dorm steps I could hear the odd ruffling and it made me want just a peek but I decided to wait.

"You can open your eyes now"Tom said and as soon as I opened them I gasped the common room was filled with lights and even a Christmas tree decorated with fairy lights and glass balls.

"Wow"I muttered under my breath before looking back at Tom smiling.

"Thank you"I said as he walked towards me and hugged me.

"I did forget to say sorry but can you forgive me?"Tom asked and I nodded.

"Yes I think I can now"I said and then gasped.

"What is it?"Tom asked as I ran back up the stairs but at halfway I stopped and turned back around to him.

"You gave me a present I need to get yours!"I replied and Tom smiled for the first time in years and it made give him two glances before running round the corner and back to my room.I grabbed his present out of the draw and huffed this was nowhere near as good as what Tom had gotten me but it would have to do until Mrs Cole gave us some more money to spend which she would most likely would forget about.

"I know its not much"I said as I gave the wrapped present to Tom and his eyes widened when he saw what was inside the Slytherin locket.

"How did you get this?"Tom asked taking the locket out of the box and admiring it in the candle light.

"I had a word with a few of the teachers and eventually they let me buy it off of the school because your mother was a direct descendant to Salazar Slytherin so they thought it was only right that you have it,see looks like your not the only one who can smooth talk teachers"I said and Toms smiled widened.

"Thank you"He replied looking pleased with his present.Fran came into the common room with a green knitted jumper on and a handful of presents which she dropped onto the floor when she saw the common room all decorated.

"Wow!"She exclaimed turning round in circles to look at the place"Who did this?"

"You will have to thank Tom for that"I said and Fran jumped up and down in excitement.

"Right you two I have gotten you both presents and thought that as we are the only Slytherins left that we should do something just the three of us"Fran said excitedly as she gave us both our presents which upon opening them we discovered that they were green jumpers with our initials on them.

"What do you think?"Fran squealed and I resisted the urge to put my hands over my ears from how high pitch her voice was.

"Its certainly different"I said and now Fran looked from me to Tom who was already pulling his jumper over his top.

"What?"Tom asked innocently and I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him.

"What do you think of your jumper Tom?"Fran asked looking like she was going to faint at the sight of him she had always had a crush on him which I found rather cute.

"Yeah Tom what do you think?"I added crossing my arms over my chest and Tom smirked at me.

"I think its...great"Tom replied,Fran squealed once more before running into Toms arms and hugging him she was much smaller than us so she looked like a child hugging him.

"Come on we are going to get ready for going out you should do the same Tom"Fran walked over to me and grabbed my hand dragging me up the steps.

"We...I get enough of this when Penelope's here!"I said as she dragged me off and I could hear Tom chuckling in the common room.

"Right what are you going to wear?"Fran asked leaning on the closed door like she wanted to trap me in here.

"Uh I don't know I was thinking maybe this and then adding a coat and hat to it or something"I replied not really used to Fran questioning me on what I was going to wear.

"I will wear that too"She said skipping over to her wardrobe and getting a coat and a long hat which covered her ears and stuck up at the top with a point.

"Ok"I said feeling a bit creeped out as I walked over to my wardrobe and got out my black coat which was the warmest I had and a black french sort of hat.

"You look amazing!"Fran said and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her cheesy compliments.

"Well you do too"I said in a dry voice before opening my presents on my bed with Fran helping to throw the wrapping away.So far I had gotten a scarf,gloves,a diary which was nothing like the one I already had but it looked expensive,and a charms bracelet from Tom.

"That is really pretty!"Fran exclaimed in excitement her eyes looking really big as she stared at the bracelet.

"I know...you have said that for every present I have got"I replied and laughed at the look on Frans face as she ogled the charms bracelet on my wrist.As it was silver it stood out from the black of my coat and the light bounced off of it onto Frans face.

"Yeah but this one has to be the prettiest!"Fran replied sounding like a crazed fangirl.

"Yeah it is"I said standing up and putting gloves on before walking out of the dorm with Fran trailing behind me.Tom was pacing and I cocked an eyebrow at him as he turned round to us,his eyes moved straight to the charms bracelet I had on and he smiled.

"What is the plan then Fran?"Tom asked discreetly taking my gloved hand.

"Well I think we should go to Hogsmede and then go for a walk past the shreaking shack and go from there"Fran said her hat bobbing up and down as we walked out into the crisp winter air.

"Oh look there's Professor Slughorn"I pointed out as we walked along the path to Hogsmede.

"Ah where are you three heading?"Professor Slughorn asked as he caught up with us.

"The shreaking shack!"Fran said doing hopscotch in the snow and that left me wondering if she had eaten anything odd.

"Did I tell you that the petrified students will be unpetrified by the mandrake juice that Professor Draden is making which will be ready in no more than a month"

"No you did not Professor but that is good to hear"Tom said smoothly but I knew inside he was thinking of how to get rid of those petrified students before they were given the mandrake juice.

"Aww poor Mandrakes I really like them they are so cute and I love their little baby crys when we replant them into bigger pots"Fran said childishly but none looked shocked at that because all of us knew that she was just the type of person to say such a thing.

"Yeah the deadly cries"I huffed as Fran ignored my comment and carried on hopscotching in the snow.

"Well I best be off make sure you lot are back in the castle before nightfall we don't want any nasty accidents!"Professor Slughorn said no doubt going to the three broomsticks.

"I dont remember the shreaking shack being this far away"I commented breathless as I trudged through the snow behind Tom who was in the lead.

"We are nearly there now quit complaining"Tom replied over his shoulder not even sounding out of breath as he continued walking through the snow like it wasnt even there.I stopped as Tom carried on walking on and smirked making a snow ball before throwing it at Toms back.

"Bullseye one point to Clara!"I yelled excitedly as Tom turned round and I bowed to the imaginary crowd.

"Oh no you dont!"Tom yelled and made himself a snowball,throwing it directly at my back as I made my own.I let out a squeal as I felt the ice begin to melt and soak through my coat.

"Tom this coat isnt waterproof!"I said brushing the snow off as best I could before being hit in the arm with another snowball at which I gasped and began to brush that off as well.

"Thats not my problem sweetheart"Tom replied sarcastically and I put my hands on my hips and tried my best to look angry but ended up laughing.

"Hey wheres Fran gone?"I asked looking round to find that the small,bubbly girl was nowhere to be found.I saw a hand shoot up out of the snow further back and laughed rushing over in case Fran had very little air supply before lifting her out of the mound of snow.

"How did you get that far down?"I asked her as she brushed herself off.

"I fell"She replied before walking off."Now are we going to get to the shreaking shack before next month"Fran said as she stalked off past me and Tom.

"Charming"I mumbled and Tom chuckled as I followed after her to the shreaking shack.

"Its supposed to be the most haunted house in Britain"Fran said in between me and Tom for what felt like the 100th time in the last five minutes.

"You said..."I hinted to her as we all watched the house closely trying to catch anything out of the ordinary.

"Maybe ghosts just don't come out on Christmas"Fran huffed hitting her sides like a penguin making me look down at her.

"Yeah maybe"I said only then realizing that Tom was no longer with us."Hey where did Tom go?"

"He left a few minutes ago but you were too busy watching the house that you didn't notice"Fran replied as my mind threw thoughts at me about Toms where about's.He had said earlier in the year that he wanted to talk to Professor Slughorn about Horcruxes as he was the easiest teacher to persuade,it was then that I knew exactly where he was.

"Come on I think its time we paid a visit to Professor Slughorn in the three broomsticks"I said pulling Fran through the snow towards the main path towards Hogsmede.