Vulnerable

Just days after Dumbledore's surprise visit the death eaters had been arriving more frequently and late at night too,which I didn't really like,but it seemed like there wasn't really much I could do about it.Whenever I questioned Tom about what was going on he would either grow quiet or angry so I decided to ignore it and pretend nothing was happening,when really this was only the beginning,things would get far worse.

I had been reading quietly by the fireplace for several hours in the library when the door creaked open at the other end of the large room.I was too consumed in my book to look up,thinking that it was probably just Gabby coming into join me.I stiffened when a hand went over my mouth and a wand was placed to my neck.

"Stand up,now!"A husky male voice behind me commanded.I did as I was told,I may have made a horcrux but I wasn't about to risk it.

"Hand me your wand"With shaky hands I handed the man my wand and he grabbed it roughly off of me,I was now defenceless,I had no wand and if I fought back then he would most likely hex me or even kill me.

"Wheres Voldemort?"He asked and I had no choice but to lead him to the dining room where once I stopped outside the double doors,he kicked them open to reveal a shocked table of death eaters.At the other end of the table I noticed Toms eyes widening but when the other death eaters looked to him he returned to his passive expression.

"Leave her be,she has no part in this"Tom commanded but the mans grip on me grew tighter.

"But I can see how my having her so vulnerable is affecting you,even if the others can't,and so I will use it to my advantage"

"Who are you?"I asked and the man used his wand to push my hair to the side.

"I often go by the name of Gellert Grindelwald,but pretty girls like you shouldn't be asking too many questions,it might just get you into trouble"He was vunelrable and my eyes met with Toms for a split second before I elbowed Gellert in the stomach and spun around twisting his arm hearing a satisfying click and a groan of pain following it.

"You bitch!"He muttered curses under his breath but it only made me smirk,I liked seeing him in pain I will give you that.I didn't know if it was just because seconds ago he had treated me like an unequal or because I was going further into the dark arts than I had anticipated and Toms attitude was rubbing off on me.Either way I knew that I preferred to think it was the latter.Moments afterwards two death eaters sprung up from their seats and grabbed Gellert by the arms making him give out another groan of pain.

"I will get you for this!"Grindelwald hissed as he was dragged away.The other remaining death eaters watched in awe and shock,I only then realized I was the center of attention.

"Uh hi,sorry about that but that ass needed to be put in his place"I announced awkwardly as I walked across the room to my wand where it lay on the floor and picked it up.Still none spoke and it was turning even more awkward.

"Do you ever talk?Have you lost your voices or something?"I furrowed my eyebrows at the group,some shared knowing glances while others just stared at me blankly.Tom stood and rushed over to me,grabbing my elbow and practically dragging me out of the room back to the library.Taking out his wand he checked the room for anyone else to find it empty before shutting the door behind us.I prepared myself as much as possible to be shouted at only to have Toms arms wrap around me in a hug.

"Thank god your alright"He breathed out into my hair and I tensed but gradually relaxed and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I thought you would be angry at me"I muttered and Tom pulled away putting me at arms length and smiled but it was small.

"Why would I be angry at you?"I went to answer but a flash of white light sent us flying and I hit my head on one of the many wooden book cases.Tom hadn't even looked to who had attacked us but to me and when I touched my forehead and found it bleeding Toms expression turned into one of fury.He got up in a matter of seconds and was dueling what looked like an auror.So they found us then,I knew the would eventually.Soon there wasn't just one but too aurors and by that point we knew we were in trouble.Tom fought them off as I ran to him and grabbed his hand,we apparated narrowly avoiding a curse sent at us.Seconds later we stood at the big black gate of Malfoy manor,we wouldn't be able to go back to the Riddle house until it was safe to collect our things.

"My Lord!"A young little girl called out with very curly black hair,she ran from the manor towards us in hysterics.Her sister followed after her.

"Bella don't!"The eldest daughter of the Black family exclaimed and grabbed her sister just in time to get her out of the way.I didn't realize it but Tom hadn't released my hand,I only noticed when the little girl called Bella I presume looked with wild black eyes to our intertwined hands,hurt,I had a feeling she fancied Tom but then who didn't he was talk,dark and handsome not to mention the whole bad boy thing he had going on as well.Most of the female death eaters fancied him come to think of it,most of them were married too.

"Oh my Gosh!Are you two alright!"Abraxas Malfoys newly pregnant wife came rushing out with her husband behind her.It appeared after the aurors arrived most of the death eaters had come here.

"Fine,we just need to rest"Tom explained for me,I was feeling light headed the more I lost blood the worse it got.I had never felt so happy in my life than I was now,my head hitting the pillow and my body taking up the whole double bed after entering the room.Tom took long strides over to me and chuckled.

"I do hope you are going to leave some room for me"I looked up with a smile on my face but groaned when Tom ushered me up.

"Whatever it is can't it wait til morning?I am tired!"I groaned using my elbows to prop myself up on the bed.

"It most certainly cannot,you are wounded and I am going to heal you...before you get blood all over Malfoys expensive white pillow cases"

"Really Tom?I am wounded and all you can think about is where the blood will go?"I joked and Tom cocked an eyebrow at me smiling.

"Well I don't want to be sleeping your blood now do I?"I gently glared at him which made him chuckle.

"Oh please,I am sure my blood is perfectly fine to sleep in"

"I wouldn't ever want to sleep in your blood,because it would mean that you were therefore dead from blood loss."Tom suddenly turned serious and I winced as he applied a antiseptic wipe to my forehead.

"It will be over soon"He whispered putting the wipe in the bin and taking out his wand to heal my wound.That hurt even more and I clutched at the blankets trying to stay as still as possible so that it would be over and done with.

"Done"The second those words left Toms mouth I gave an exaggerated sigh and kicked off my shoes,climbing under the covers and closing my eyes.I hadn't even been in bed for a few minutes when I felt Tom lie beside me and wrap his arms around my waist protectively.I turned around and snuggled into his chest,listening to his heart beat slow down and gradually send me to sleep.I knew that what had happened tonight would not happen again,Tom would make sure of that.The only question was how?