A whole new life ~ Chapter seven

I rushed around the Slytherin corridors I was late, I had gotten up late on my first day! I finally reached potions class my first class of my first day in Hogwarts.Everyone in the class looked up from chatting and the room fell silent."Ah, my dear your a bit late aren't you?"The teacher asked and I stood in silence struggling to catch my breath. "Sorry professor I-I over slept"I stuttered and the girls laughed at me on their own little table. "That's quite alright, we all do it, come in, come in!"The professor said kindly as I walked quickly across the room to join Tom at his table. 

"How on earth did you sleep in?"He whispered, taking notes on a piece of parchment, but glancing up at me. "I don't know, I cant remember anything" I quite literally remembered nothing, if I tried to think of why I had been late my mind went blank. "I think I know what happened" My eyes snapped to Tom in shock; how could he possibly know? "What?!" 

"Miss Pevensie and Mr Riddle, I shall have to split you up if you continue to talk in my lessons" Professor said and raised his eyebrows a little at us disapprovingly, before turning back to the blackboard once again. "In this lesson, you shall learn about the splendid art of potion making, something that I myself have been fortunate enough to be a part of for as long as I can remember! Now can anyone tell me what ingredients are needed to go into a forgetfulness potion...without your books please"Professor Slughorn said repositioning his hat.I shot my hand up hoping he would pick me, I needed to get on his good side after arriving late to the first lesson I had with him. "Yes, go ahead, my dear"

"Valerian Sprigs, Lethe river water, and Mistletoe berries" Everyone except for Tom looked astonished that I knew this, even the professor looked impressed. "Yes, Miss Pevensie quite right, 20 points to Slytherin, well done!"Professor Slughorn congratulated me with a cheesy smile and an overexaggerated thumbs up from across the classroom, earning him a few muffled laughs. "Now let me show you this"Professor Slughorn took out a little brown coloured bottle and held it out in front of us.

"This is the forgetfulness potion, if any of us took one sip we would forget everything from what day it is, to our names, and even where we are. Very dirty business putting this in someones drink this is...but yet it has been done" The professor wittered on while wandering around the tables and back up to his desk."Please get out your journals" The moment the word left his lips, everyone scrambled to get their diary's out of their bags. "Your homework is to research about the twelve uses of dragon blood, that will be all today I don't want to make you late for your next lesson!"Professor Slughorn beamed at us as everyone finished writing down the homework, put their things away and leaving the classroom. Me and Tom walked together to flying class which was outside on the field, I was thankful for his presence, he seemed to be the only person I knew in this class. 

"Good morning class!"The flying teacher Madame Gambley bellowed from across the field excitedly, as she walked past her blonde curly hair was tied up tightly behind her head and as she turned I noticed that her eyes shimmered turning from a light green to grey. "Well speak up I am not going to bite!"She insisted as Tom rather loudly snorted beside me "Good morning, Madame Gambley!" The class chorused monotonously, much to her displeasure "Welcome to your first flying lesson! Now, I want you to move to the left side of your broomsticks, place your hand above the broomstick, and firmly say up."I quickly followed her instructions and moved to the left of our broomsticks, as Madame Gambley walked down the line eyeing each and every one of us, a determined look on her face.

"UP!"Everyone exclaimed and as I said up mine came flying into my hand but as I looked to Tom I realised that he already had his and had beaten me to it. Tom's lips curled up into an annoying smirk when he saw my astonishment. "Whats the matter didn't think I was any good with type of magic?"Tom asked teasingly so I glared and sticking my tongue out at him receiving a chuckle in response. "Very mature!"He commented as I shook my head,  and looked back to Madame Gambley. 

"Now that you have all managed to successfully take hold of your broom,  I want you to mount it, and push hard with your foot off of the ground, hover, and then return to the ground once more" Despite how determined everyone was to be the first in the air, no one really seemed to be getting anywhere near accomplishing the task, and so Madame Gambley ended up having to tutor the whole class in how hard to push off, when, and how to land safely. We got there in the end. "Thank you for all trying so hard in my lesson, you are free to leave!" There was a mad scramble of first years all running for their bags to get to the great hall, and get the best food before it was all gone; which was impossible due to the charm that had been placed on the food. However, I too wanted to leave, and so got caught up in the crowd of children, being pushed and shoved about; even those lucky few who had managed to barge their way to their bags now had to fight their way back out. 

"STOP!" Madame Gambley's voice sounded above the many screams and shouts that were being emitted around me, as she finally took control of the situation. "None of you are leaving until you learn how to leave properly! Come back over here!" I made to move and ended up tripping over someone's bag, causing their bag to fall open and belongings spill out onto a particularly wet patch of grass. Tom helped me up, starting to lead me away from the bag and over to where the class was now gathering in front of Madame Gambley. A screech resounded in the field, a young fellow first year had found her bag in the wet patch of grass, and by the sound of it, was far than pleased about it. "WHO DID THIS?!" A girl beside me pointed at me, in a split second the girl's eyes were on me, and she was trudging over to me through the many strewn around bags on the field. "Why did you touch my things? Hmm? Is it because you think you are better than everyone?" 

"It is, isn't it. Well let me make this very clear to you, you do not mess with Victoria Clearwater, you know why? Because I don't put up with people who are mean to me, and you, have just gotten into my bad books!" Groaning in annoyance, and despite Madame Gambley's attempts at calling her back, she left. I looked to an extremely confused looking Tom stood beside me. "What did I do?"