The golden egg

Penelopes pov
I was waiting in the common room for Clara to return  as after dinner she had left with Tom to go to the library to help him do some research for his second task.The door to the Slytherin common room opened and I heard the lengthy strides of Tom who came in looking rather worried.I put my book down on the table and stood as he began to pace around the room.

"Wheres Clara?"I asked and Tom seemed to first take notice of me since he had entered the room.

"Shes with Dumbledore"He replied quickly and began to pace again.

"Did you two find the thing you were looking for,for the second task?"I asked trying to keep the conversation going after a few moments of awkward silence.

"No"Tom replied not stopping to look at me before he began up to his room and came back a few minutes later with the golden egg that he had collected from the dragon for the first task.

"Where are you going it will be lights out soon"I said beginning to get worried Tom was a prefect and his dutys of patrolling the corridors were not until eleven and so it would be odd if he was seen out at this time before he had to do his patrolling.When he didn't answer I sat back down waiting for Clara to come back from the headmasters office.

Toms pov
I walked quickly through the hallways taking long strides to the prefects bathroom and used my wand to make the taps run with warm water.I stepped into the bubbly bath and sat down taking the egg from the side and placing it under the water.I took a deep breath in and ducked under the water opening the egg.

I raised my head taking in deep breathes what did it mean?Surely there was nothing of mine that could be taken from me?It was only then I would not realize how wrong I was.

Claras pov
I stood in the office of  headmaster Dippet with teachers either side of the three others who I did not know their names we all stood in silence awkwardly until headmaster Dippet decided to break it.

"I would like you to know that you have all been selected to be the prizes for our champions who without you would of course miss you,their task is to find you and bring you back from where you are going"Headmaster Dippet said not giving too much away and as Tom had been having trouble finding what he needed to do to be able to breathe underwater for an hour so where we going if we had to be found by the champions underwater?I raised my hand and headmaster Dippet nodded towards me giving me permission to speak.

"Professor its just I was helping Tom earlier to find something which would help him breathe underwater and I was just wondering where we are going if the champions have to find us."I said hoping that he would give me a straight answer.

"Miss Pevensie I assure you that what will take place will be quite safe and none here shall be harmed."I lost hope after that we were never going to know what hit us.The teachers took out their wands and pointed each of them at us.

"Amoredara"The teachers chorused and without warning I felt my knees give way like jelly as I fell involuntarily to the ground.

"Take them to the black lake give them to the mer-people they will know what to do"Headmaster Dippet commanded the teachers and after that I lost consciousness.