Detention with Trelawney

Penelope had woken up and had gone back to the dorm but I still had to go and have a detention with Professor Trelawney due to earliers events.I climbed the lengthy stairs and once I reached the top I knocked on the wooden panels waiting for an answer but non came so I decided to walk into the room and found Professor Trelawney on the floor frozen just like that girl in Ravenclaw,Tom did this I thought instinctively.

"P-professor Trelawney?"I asked a little scared to go further into the room in case the basilisk was still in here,even though Tom could command the basilisk surely it would kill whatever stood in its way and in this case that would be me.I wanted to scream and run, well that's what every fiber of my being was yelling at me.I didn't move it was almost as though I was glued to the spot as I looked at the motionless body of professor Trelawney.I heard footsteps behind me and felt arms go round my waist from behind.

"It had to be done"I heard Tom say softly from behind me feeling his breath on the back of my neck.Despite having the urge to shove him off of me I held his hands keeping them wrapped around me because when in Toms arms I felt safe.

"We could not have her ruining your reputation of a good student now could we?"Tom asked as I turned round to look at him wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Perhaps not but you could have given me a little warning because now we might get caught"I replied and Tom smirked.

"I know exactly how to deal with that"Tom said and wrapped his hand around mine seconds before we apparated to the astronomy tower.I let go of Toms hand and wandered over to the balcony area looking out onto the forbidden forest and the black lake.

"The night that I was made unconscious for the second task you opened the egg didn't you"I said and Tom strolled over to join me leaning against the metal  

"Yes"Tom replied simply looking out at the Lake.

"What did it say?"

"Come seek us where our voices sound,we cannot sing above the ground,an hour long you'll have to look to recover what we took"Tom replied and looked to me stroking some hair back putting it behind my ear.

"Theres a prize for every task at each one you have to get something but the question is what?"I said confused and bit my lip trying to find an answer.

"Go on"Tom ordered.

"What is the only prize that is involved in the triwizard tournament but hasnt yet been claimed?"I asked and Tom furrowed his eyebrows in frustration.

"The triwizard cup itself"Tom said and I smiled.

"Yes so that will be the last prize which you need to get"I replied almost bursting with joy but Tom did not seem as pleased.

"Whats wrong?"I asked after a moment feeling my smile fade.

"Nothing"Tom said coldly sitting down on the steps a bit away from the balcony.

"Whenever you say nothing it is always something"I said and Tom took my hand in his.

"Promise me if I tell you what I want to say that you wont think of me differently"Tom said and I was shocked but also curious.

"I promise"I said solemnly and Tom inhaled deeply.

"You know that I am the heir of Slytherin,you also know that this means I can command the basilisk but there are a few things which you do not know"Tom said and stood letting go of my hand and beginning to walk around in circles.

"Earlier this year I managed to get Slughorn to slip a piece of vital information,something about horcruxes"Tom continued looking extremely handsome but also dangerous in the moonlight as his jet black hair shimmered in the dim light of the moon.

"Go on"I said and Tom smirked I was becoming more like him everyday.

"Horcruxes are ordinary everyday objects which one conceals parts of his soul.However I was faced with a obstacle if you want to call it that, in order to make a horcrux you have to kill as it splits the soul"

"Why do I get the feeling that you are about to tell me that you have made a horcrux?"I asked and Tom smiled for the first time it was a real smile one that seemed to be reserved for me.

"Because I am"Tom replied curtly.

"How many have you made so far?"I asked feeling faint luckily I was sitting down.

"Two"Tom replied and stopped pacing with his back turned to me.

"And how many are you planning to make?"I asked trying to make my voice remain steady but failed because it cracked at the end and Tom seemed to notice this as he came and sat beside me cupping my face in his hands.

"Six or Seven because then I would be immortal never aging and never being able to die...There is however a few complications.."

"Complications?"I said raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, The more horcruxes one makes the less human he becomes because the soul is what makes us human splitting it by killing makes me less and less human therefore I can differ in my appearance such as being paler,red eyes and veins showing through my skin"Tom said and I felt tears well up in my eyes as I stroked his cheek.

"Why cant you be happy with the life that you are living now?"I said softly and Tom pulled me to him in an embrace as I buried my head into his chest.

"Because I fear death..."

AN:Hey guys I hope this wasn't too bad please leave a comment if you have time I love receiving comments and it really helps me to prevent writers block and encourages me to continue on with the story.I hope you like it so far and thank you for reading :)