The yule ball

It was the night of the yule ball and it I was getting ready with Penelope who was going a bit frantic over how to do her hair.

"Oh come here"I said taking the curling iron from her and finishing off her hair making it so that she had a curly bun with a few strands falling down beside her face framing it.

"Thank you"She said and spun round nearly burning herself on the curling irons.

"Your welcome now if you dont mind I have to get ready"I said and began to curl my own hair to emphasis the waves which were already there.I had already changed into my dress and shoes which were silver colored with diamonds on which were fake of course but they looked real enough.To add I put on some silver earrings which shimmered whenever I moved.

"Do you think this looks to much?"I ask as Penelope comes out of the bathroom.

"No it looks great not even great beautiful"She comments and I smile feeling happy that someone liked what I was wearing.

"I think Tom will be upset to see you with another guy but it cant be helped if you wont make your relationship public"Penelope said her curls bouncing as she grabbed my hand and led me out of the dorm and towards the great hall where the ball was being held.

"Dont start with that again"I said as she laughed and continued to lead me until we were out of the common room and right outside the steps of the great hall.Everyone was gathered at the bottom of the stairs it was mostly all of the champions with their dates for tonight.I soon spotted Tom talking to some other girls who were gathered round him with glasses of punch, laughing as he said one of his really bad jokes that he used on girls who were dumb enough to fall for him.Penelope went on ahead soon finding her date who she had danced with at practice and I had later got it out of her that his name was James.

I held my breathe as I peeped round the corner of the top of the stairs trying to spot Quinn and sure enough he walked through the double doors of the great hall towards the bottom of the staircase nearby where Professor Mcgonagoll was giving everyone directions of where to go.I took a deep breathe and walked to the middle of the staircase walking down the steps towards Quinn who when he saw me smiled his blue eyes lighting up.The girls who had been talking to Tom all looked from him to me there mouths agape as I tried to hold back laughter at how stupid they all looked gawping at me,even Tom looked shocked.

"Clara you look amazing!"Katy Franklin commented as I passed their little group surrounding Tom.

"Thanks"I said a little embarrassed still making my way over to Quinn who held out his hand for me to take.

"You look beautiful"He whispered in my ear and I blushed a little.

"You really shouldn't say such things"I said afraid of what Tom would do if he found out but when I looked over after feeling my cheeks cool down Tom was making it very obvious that he was fuming.I was determined not to let Toms feelings get in the way of a good night with my friend so I took Quinns hand and smiled.When I looked over my shoulder I saw Victoria who was looking extremly fake with her hair dead straight,lots of makeup,and a very simple and plain dress.

"She is nothing compared to you, you know"Quinn whispered in my ear beside me he had obviously followed my gaze.

"Yeah well I normally get compared to many girls"I said and felt my heart plummet when Victoria walked over to Tom and took his hand.Ok maybe we were both angry at who the other had taken but I wouldn't dwell on it now and let jealousy take over I would talk to Tom about it later.All the champions lined up,Quinn and me first because Quinn won the last task,then it was Tom and Victoria and then the last champion behind them who I did not know her name from Beaubaxtons academy.Music began to play and I took Quinns arm which he held out for me like a gentlemen and we walked through the double doors as the crowd cheered.

I smiled widely and waved at Penelope who seemed to be very happy with her date for the night and waved back looking hyper.I rolled my eyes at her still smiling and she rolled her eyes back at me.The music stopped and the room went silent as we took our places on the sparkling white dance floor.

"Ready?"Quinn asked me and I honestly didn't know if I was but I knew this dance and me and Tom had practiced a few times over the past few days.I took a deep breathe and smiled at him.