New problems

"Eavesdropping are we?"Victoria asked with a smug smirk on her lips while twiddling her long blonde hair around her finger.

"No actually I was just coming to-" I looked to see what was behind me to find the daily prophet newspaper stacked up neatly "See if there were any newspapers left but I see there is quite a few" Victoria huffed and spun around walking off as the train had stopped giggling with her friends.

"Come along Weasley we wouldn't want to be late now would we?"Victoria called out to the Weasley boy behind her who was carrying her bags for her along with all her friends.The boy looked at me and smiled it was obvious that he had a crush on Victoria otherwise he wouldn't be carrying her bags for her.

"Oh there you are Clara!"Penelope came out from the carriage behind me and I smiled as she handed me my bag which she has been generous to get while I got held up with Victoria.I looked behind her for some sort of sign for Tom only to find non and have Fran rush past to catch a carriage.

"Come on Clara lets go or we will have to walk all the way,Tom will catch up"Penelope muttered while walking off the train,I huffed and followed after her.

"How on earth did you know?"I asked when I caught back up to her.

"I can see it in your eyes,you may be good at hiding your emoticons on your face but not your eyes..."She trailed off as we saw the last carriage leave.

"Well I guess we will be walking then"I commented as we watched the carriage disappear.

"This is your fault!"Penelope replied and I laughed shaking my head and beginning to walk until I couldn't hear her footsteps...or heavy breathing behind me and so looked over my shoulder.Penelope was stood with her arms crossed over her chest staring at me.

"Whats your problem don't want the exercise?"I questioned and I could see a smile which she was obviously trying to hide from me appear on her face.

"Nooo,its not that I just...well this was the last spot I saw James in..."Tears appeared in her eyes and I felt bad for her I couldn't imagine what it would be like losing Tom like that.

"Hey you can love more than once you know,you still have a chance of being happy"I said softly trying to comfort her while stroking her arm.

"Come on lets get walking or we will never get there"This time Penelope walked beside me and we actually managed to make it in before they closed the gates.

"Ah there you both are! I have been looking all over for you!"Professor Gambley our old flying teacher exclaimed frowning. I saw the prefects,head boys and girls come back from looking for us.

"Well done Pevensie,Fudge!We have had quite a night of walking thanks to you two!"Victoria hissed sounding out of breath as they passed us.

"Its a good job we don't care then"I replied she spun round glaring and was about to say something to me before the teacher intervened.

"Girls please!Your what now 17-18 you should be treating each other with respect by now and not squabbling like little children!"Professor Gambley scowled at each of us,opening up the register.

"Names?!"

"Oh come on professor you have known us for 6 years now"I frowned at the teacher who I was quite a bit taller than as she raised her eyebrows.

"No answering back...Pevensie was it?"She asked and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.I nodded in reply and she ticked my name off.

"You can go now,have a nice dinner"Professor Gambley grumbled and I rolled my eyes walking off while Penelope had her name ticked off and ran after me.

"You must be hungry Clara you are doing quite a good pace!"Penelope called out from behind me while she struggled for breath.

"Yeah I must be if your lagging behind"I replied and smirked at my friend who had stopped and had her hands on her knees.

"Well I am sure glad that's over!"Penelope exclaimed as we ran up the steps towards the great hall only to have the caretaker stood at the double doors leading into the school.

"Late are we?"The caretaker tutted and we tried to get past only to have his walking stick put in the way.

"You didn't answer my question."The caretaker looked me up and down smiling and I scowled at him.

"Yes and we are going to be even more later if you don't let us through!"

"S-sorry?"It was obvious now that he was purposefully trying to make us miss dinner so that we got in trouble.

"Let them through!"Tom stood behind us and the caretaker scowled at him but lowered his walking stick.

"Whats his problem?"Penelope asked as we walked up the steps.

"I have no idea"I muttered back slowing down to walk side by side with Tom.

"I heard about what happened on the train,is Victoria giving you a hard time?"He asked and I nodded.

"Unfortunately"I replied as we let Penelope go on ahead to the table.

"Just ignore her then shes jealous"I smiled and Tom gave me a quick kiss before walking towards the Slytherin table,as I watched his retreating figure I knew that this year wasn't going to be so bad with him by my side.