Forever

After the first challenge had ended everyone was heading back for dinner.Me and Penelope trudged through the snow and came face to face with Victoria Clearwater who had a newspaper in her hands and was shaking with anger.She pulled the newspaper down to reveal me and Penelope.

"You!"She said venom lacing her tone.

"You hate Tom so why are you hugging him"Victoria continued her manicured fingernail pointed towards me.

"Just you wait I am goi-"

"I would love to stay and chat but I must be really heading off now"I said and pulled Penelope away back to Hogwarts.

"Come back here I haven't finished everything I was going to say!"Victorias high pitch girly voice could be heard behind us and I rolled my eyes did she ever stop.

"Well I have so good night"I said and  continued walking up the hill towards the school.

"That was too close"Penelope said unwrapping her scarf as we walked through the big double doors,I nodded in agreement and we walked up to our dorm to put our outdoor clothing away before going down to dinner.When we turned the corner of the steps coming down from the girls dormitory Tom was waiting at the bottom of the stairs for me with a glass of water.Penelope understood what this meant and continued out of the common room leaving me and Tom alone.

"What is it?"I asked as I walked down the steps to stand before him.

"Nothing I just cant figure out this eggs clue and its bothering me"He said walking over to the golden egg neatly placed on the table top.I joined him and frowned running my fingers over it trying to find an opening when I realized that it must be the top and gently turned it opening the egg.A horrible screaming sound came out and me and Tom both instinctively put our hands to our ears but if one of us didnt close it then this would be going on for merlin knows how long.I quickly took my hands away from my ears and closed the egg letting out a sigh of relief when the screaming stopped.

"Have you tried putting it under water?"I asked and turned my head to look at Tom whos eyes were fixed upon the egg which reflected both of us and the fire behind us.

"Not yet"Tom replied taking another sip of his water and it was only then that I realized he had the ring on again.

"Tom where did you get that ring from?"I asked and Tom seemed to stop breathing the moment I brought the ring up.

"It was my mothers"Tom replied and I was debating whether to change the subject or not me and Tom hardly ever brought up the topic of our parents and when we did it was times like these.

"Oh its  nice"I said kind of awkwardly playing with my fingers until Tom took them in his hands and placed something in my hand.

"Early Christmas present"He mused when I opened my hand and smiled.

"Thank you"I said and hugged him liking the feeling of his arms around my waist.

"What do you want for Christmas?"I asked looking at the fire as Tom played with my hair gently.

"You"Tom replied sadly and I looked up at him and stroked his cheek.

"You already have me silly"I replied smiling but when Toms eyes met mine my smile faded.

"I don't though do I?"Tom said and smiled sadly.

"Yes you do we have always been there for each other so what makes you think I am just going to leave now?"I said trying to make the conversation less depressing.

"Things might come up and someone or something might take you away from me"Tom replied trailing my cheekbone with his fingertips.I opened my mouth to say something but then decided that it was best not to say anything and and so I buried my head in Toms chest gripping onto his grey school coat.

"Stay with me forever"Tom whispered next by my ear.

"Forever"I replied.