Far from over

Nearly a month I had been stuck here, Tom had made sure to prevent my escape by putting a spell onto the manor and grounds, stopping anyone from apparating in or out of the place, all the fireplaces had been removed from the floo network, and all the house elves were forbidden to see me in case they may try to follow in Dobby's footsteps and help me leave. Sighing with annoyance I once again found myself dropping the hairpin to the floor, it was no use, the windows were barred and padlocked shut, the door had a spell upon it which only allowed certain people to open it, and once again I was met with the horrifying reality that I was well and truly stuck here. 

Without my wand the only source of light came from the windows and the candles provided for me on the bedside tables. Picking up the matchbox on the dresser I struck the match, and seconds later a small flame sprung to life. With the few candles I had lit the room looked less like a prison, if I wasn't forced to stay here, It wouldn't be half bad. A small flash from in between the floorboards was the first thing to catch my eye, below my feet a golden light shone through the crack, getting onto my knees enabled me to pull up the plank of wood from the floorboards, once up I pushed it to the side and grabbed the objects below, finding in my hands a tatty little girls diary, and some old faded photos of me and Tom. I had forgotten about the diary being lost because it had gone missing at Wool's, I figured that Lily had taken it as some sort of final revenge.  

A knock at the door startled me and I spun around hiding the diary and photo's behind my back, just in time as well as no sooner did I turn around the door opened, revealing Bellatrix Lestrange and Narcrissa Malfoy. Narcrissa sent me a small smile as the pair entered the room in silence,  making sure the door was closed behind them before speaking. 

"The Dark Lord has asked to speak with you. You are to be escorted to the dining room, where you will wait for him, in five minutes." Although my eyes remained fixed on Narcrissa, I could feel the death glares Bellatrix was sending my way, not once did they waver. 

"Well he took his time asking didn't he? I have been in here for practically a month, and only now he wishes to see me!" Not uttering another word, the pair walked out of the room, the door locked and bolted behind them for good measure. Hiding the diary under my pillow and the photos in the bedside cabinet I had covered all signs of my finding the objects in the first place, ensuring the plank of wood was placed back carefully. No less than two minutes later I found myself being shoved into the dimly lit dining room by Wormtail and having the door all but slammed behind me.  

The fireplace was practically the only source of light and warmth, so I of course made straight for it. Crossing my legs on the decades old rug like that of a child, I lost myself in my thoughts and the crackling fire, I didn't even hear the door open and the footsteps that followed after it. I was only dragged back to reality when Nagini's beady eyes came into view. Letting out a squeal I wriggled backwards, only to have her follow me and hear an all too familiar chuckle from nearby. 

"You never changed" My head snapped up, away from Nagini to the man stood in the shadows, his lips curled up into a small smirk as the firelight danced in his dark eyes. 

"Neither did you...to some extent that is" I replied, getting to my feet and dusting myself off. 

"What do you want with me? I have nothing to offer" 

"Oh I think you know"Gulping, I felt my eyes widen in shock. He couldn't possibly mean I betray people I now thought of as my friends?

"Are you not a member of the Order of the Pheonix?" 

"How would you know that?" I tried to reply just as confident as before, but my voice betrayed me. It was then that he moved as quick as a flash, ending up inches away from me, we were so close that our breath began to mingle together.

"I knew where you were every second of the day, I have just as many eyes watching you as that old buffon Dumbledore. Do you know how hard it was to not drag you out of that wretched place and bring you home?!"  

"Oh Lord help me" I whispered feeling tears come to my eyes and jumping in fright when the door to the dining room opened, revealing Yaxley.

"My Lord, they are ready, everything is in place"Tom turned from me, his eyes burning with fury and sadness as he did so. As soon as he was further away I felt colder, his warmth leaving me.

"And the boy, is he there?" The platinum blonde simply nodded furiously and bowed in respect, leaving the room as quickly as he had came. I had hoped that if I remained as quiet as possible that Tom would forget my presence, in believing this I was wrong, as soon as the door was closed once more he turned back to me and seemed to make for the dinner table, using it to steady himself.

"I will talk to you later"Just as he began to leave and head for the door I cried out 'wait' and he slowed to a stop.

"I can help you!" 

"Do you think I am foolish enough to even let you out of my sight, no Clara, you will stay here and we shall continue this conversation later. Believe me it is far from over"