A dark future

"Wake up Clara or we will be late!"I was being shaken awake by Penelope who was fully dressed in her school uniform and as I sat up rubbing my eyes I noticed that the book I had been reading last night was neatly placed on my bedside table.Tom must have brought me up here when he went to bed.

"Come on I am hungry!"Penelope complained and I got out of bed going into the bathroom and quickly brushing my hair and putting my school uniform on before grabbing my  bag of books which were already ready thanks to Penelope who had been desperate to leave.She practically dragged me down the steps of the girls dormitory and through the halls where we passed some late first years.Penelope let go of my hand and ran over to her seat at the Slytherin table leaving me at the door rolling my eyes and crossing my arms over  my chest.I was about to follow her in a more casual manner but felt someone run into my legs and looked down to see a Gryffindor first year looking up at me.

"Sorry"They said and smiled up at me sweetly to the point where I could not help but smile back.

"Its OK"I said and the boy ran off with his friends to get some breakfast.I walked over to the Slytherin table and put my books down roughly on the bench where I was going to sit and my stalker Francisca looked up at me through her little round glasses.

"Your late"She said in her annoying voice looking at her watch and showing me it tapping it with her finger.

"I care because?"I said and walked off to get some cereal just as Penelope came back with hers and sat down on the bench gulping it down like a pig.I was just pouring myself some milk when Victoria came over and got herself a drink of orange juice.

"Doing some late night reading were we last night?"She said beside me cocking an eyebrow.

"I couldn't sleep and it was too dark in the dormitory to see anything so I went downstairs yes"I replied wiping the smirk off her face which made me smirk and walk off back to the table but she caught up with me walking beside me.

"You know I will have to give you a detention!"She said rushing to keep up with me as I hurried to get back.

"Fine give me a detention"I said and sat down next to Penelope who had a nearly empty bowl and was just scooping up the milk with her spoon.

"Take out your card"She said and held out her hand expectantly.

"I'm good thanks"I replied and turned round completely ignoring her.

"Ignoring a prefects request gets you two detentions you will have to come at lunch and morning break"She said behind me and I rolled my eyes as Penelope giggled and Victoria walked away to sit next to Tom who was further up and it really bugged me but I just kept eating my cereal acting as if I didn't care and anyway it would only be Tom and Penelope who could tell that I was annoyed I was good at hiding my emoticons but it was easy to see it when you knew how.

"ATTENTION!"Headmaster Dippet shouted and the whole pf the great hall fell silent and turned to look at him.

"Hmhm I hope that you do your best in your lessons today and have I shall see you this evening for dinner when we will be welcoming some new guests.Now off you go"Professor Dippet said and I had just finished my breakfast so I stood up and walked side by side with Penelope to Divination with professor Twelawney.We walked slowly up the stairs as there were lots of them and when you finally did reach the top you would have to wait until the professor got there to let you into the classroom.The class was just going in as we reached the top of the stairs and we followed them in sitting on a small round table at the front.

"Many witches and wizards, talented though they are in the area of loud bangs and smells and sudden disappearing's, are yet unable to penetrate the veiled mysteries of the future"Twelawney said her curly hair falling over her over sized glasses and her beige cardigan which was far too big for her trailed behind her on the floor she was only in her 20s but she looked much older she was probably the youngest professor here.

"Now drink up"She said and I looked at the tea in the cup swirling it round a little before drinking it and just leaving the tea leaves bits at the bottom.

"Swap your cups that's it"I swapped cups with Penelope and looked at the tea leaves and the bunch of nonsense on the page.

"Well?"I said to Penelope who was frowning while looking at my cup.

"I don't see anything or what I can see makes no sense at all"Penelope replied rather loudly and Professor Twelawney who had been telling Vicotria of great love that she will encounter stopped what she was doing immediately and came over to us.

"What do you see dear?"She asked Penelope who still looked confused as everyone watched and waited expectantly.

"I-I don't know"Penelope replied innocently and passed the flabbergasted  professor the cup.

"And this is yours Clara correct?"She asked and I nodded as she inspected the tea leaves inside the cup.

"Oh no ahh"She screamed and dropped the cup on the table and crawled back.

"Professor?"I asked frowning while everyone laughed.

"Dark,very dark"She mumbled and grabbed my book and began to flick through the pages still mumbling what sounded like nonsense.

"Dangerous...lonely"She kept mumbling as she looked through the contents of the book and me and Penelope exchanged a look as she stood back up inching closer to me with her finger extended.

"You will have a dark, very dark future full of sorrow and emptiness if you continue on the path you are on..."Twelawney grabbed my hand which I tried to pull away from her but she had a tight grip,with her other hand she stroked my face.

"Please make the right decision dear don't go down the path of darkness when you can walk in the light or your life will be miserable"She continued and the whole room was silent except for her talking and the odd gasp or two.Eventually she moved away still looking at me behind her over sized glasses I did not know how to react I was speechless.

"Say something!"Penelope whispered from beside me as everyone was looking at me with odd looks on their faces.I looked over to Francisca who seemed to move away from my gaze back into her chair.I grabbed my book off the floor and knocked the crystal ball out of the stand and onto the floor grabbing my bag and storming out of the room I didn't want to feel everyone's gaze on me as they decided whether or not to hate me now that I had a dark future ahead of me according to a stupid women who talks nothing but nonsense surely non of them believed she was telling the truth.

"I must insist that you come back at once!"Professor Twelawney said following me out of the classroom to the top of the steps as I continued down and heard the class muttering from inside the classroom.I went to the only place where I ever got any peace the Library.I looked around aisle and shelves of books and eventually found one which seemed worth reading and sat down in a chair putting my bag down beside me and placing the book down onto the table.Morning break must have begun because students began to file in through the double doors going into aisle and picking out books.

"Clara!"I heard my name being called and looked up to see Penelope standing before me her hands on her hips and looking extremely angry but I kept my face neutral.

"Yes?"I said and Penelope violently pulled out a chair and sat down angrily.

"How could you?"She said banging her fists against the table.

"How could I what?"I replied looking back to my book which Penelope pulled away from me and I gasped.

"What on earth are you doing?"I said as she looked as if she was about to take her anger out by strangling me.

"You left me alone in that room with all those people gawking at me they think I am crazy"Penelope hissed at me.

"Well luckily for you they don't think your an absolute psycho!"I yelled and all the people in the library looked up interested as to what was going on.

"Your right because its not like Tom tried to prevent them from thinking that"Penelope replied looking rather smug.

"Sssh"I said putting a finger to my lips.

"Honestly you need to learn to calm down a bit"I said and Penelope closed her eyes,took a deep breath and then opened her eyes again looking much more calm.

"Better?"I asked closing my book it was obvious I wasn't going to be able to read anymore of this right now.

"Better"She replied as everyone seemed to no longer be interested in our conversation and went back to what they were doing.

"Now what happened?"I asked and Penelope fidgeted in her seat a little.

"He told them that they were to leave you alone or he would report them to headmaster Dippet for bullying."She replied and I felt my eyes widen could he have made it any more obvious he is supposed to hate me I had to talk to him about this.