"Whose side are you on?"

A few hours passed, and while my thoughts remained on whether Tom had managed to catch and kill Harry, I felt the guilt creep up on me, to the point where I was no longer able to properly function or play cards with Amber (to which she was very put out about, and went off to read a book in the library). Sending a letter to Penelope, I warned her of what was happening, Harry was after all her Grandson. 

I watched intently as the owl flew off in the direction of wherever Penelope and Charlus were currently staying, yes, I was betraying Tom, but it was not like I was doing the wrong thing. Not that he would understand that. Joining Amber in the library, we sat in silence, both absorbed in our books until we heard the sound of people apparating. Amber ran outside to greet her father, while I remained where I was, how was I supposed to face him after betraying him in such a way? Yes, I realized that he may never be able to forgive me if it had ruined his plans so terribly, but surely he realized it was us against the wizarding world, and there was many, many people who hated him, who despised him with their life, it was only a matter of time before we were found and killed for our crimes. I had been so caught up in my thoughts that I hardly noticed that Nagini was now looking at me with her beady black eyes, if a snake could ever look concerned it was right now. Luckily, she slithered back out of the room, hopefully not to go and tell Tom about what she had seen.

"Clara?" When I didn't reply or respond in any way, Tom rushed over to me, and took my hands in his own. 

"Clara, what is it? What have you done?" At that I turned my head to meet his eyes, my vision was becoming blurry with tears, what had I done?

"How did your ambush go?" Toms jaw tightened, and he dropped my hands to my side. I kept my guards up, but I felt him trying to push past them. He was suspicious, and looking at me like he already knew the terrible thing I had done. Amber happily skipped into the room with the Malfoys greyhound beside her, to which both of us turned to look at her. 

"Amber go to your room"

"But-" Tom took out his wand, his expression deadly, and as if sensing the danger, Amber ran back out of the room, but not before looking over at me, and us sharing a worried look. 

"I have already had a bad enough night as it is, Clara, please, please, tell me you didn't warn Penelope. Tell me the letter she has sent in reply is not about what I think it is...have you betrayed me?" 

"Im so sorry, Tom" Letting out a loud scream, he chucked the letter onto the fireplace, and sent out a flash of magic, which managed to destroy half the contents of the library. 

"Why? Clara, Why?!" 

"Because she would do the same for me" Snapping his head around to look at me, Tom took long strides over to me, while I sunk down into the arm chair, he towered above, gripping the sides of the light brown leather chair until his hands went white. His fuming face was inches away from my own, and I knew I was in a lot of trouble. Love me he may, but right now, if looks could kill, I would be in my grave. We were so close that I could feel his breath on my face, and so tried to back away, only to have him get even closer.

" Clara, you really are going to be the death of me!" And then with one last agonizing look, he did something which suprised the hell out of me, he kissed me. Wrapping my legs around his waist, and holding onto his neck, he lifted me from the seat, and moved over to the bookcase, where I now found myself pinned to, while he peppered, lots of little merciless kisses on my neck and collarbone. Just when I thought he was going to take me there and then, Tom stopped, and looked up at me, while I only just managed to see through my eyelashes, and partially closed lids. With one last agonizing, yet amazing  suck at my neck he had moved himself so that I was at an arms length, and his hands were resting at either side of my head, leaving me panting and wanting more. 

"I swear to God Clara, if you ever betray me again-"

"I won't" Tom's lips curled up into a smirk, and as quickly as he had come, he was gone, and nearly out of the door, just before exiting, he stopped and turned back to me. 

"Good, because next time, I wont stop myself" Leaving the room, and me breathless, barely standing with my blue patterned off shoulder chiffon hanging there, I had to quickly pull it as far up as possible, especially as Lucius Malfoy entered the room, a drink of brandy in his hand. Malfoy stopped, and while taking a swig of his drink, turned to me. His eyebrows went up, and a mischevious grin was sent my way. 

"I see you and the dark Lord were having a bit of fun just then"

"You watched?!" 

"I saw everything, I at first was worried for your safety, but then things got a bit interesting didnt they?" 

"What do you want Malfoy?" If there was one thing I knew about this man, was that he was far from cocky or confident, in fact, when Tom walked into the room, he would cower. 

"I want you to help me with a little something" With a quick glance around the room and in the corridoor to check for any eavesdroppers, Malfoy closed the double doors and moved closer to me. 

"You see, me and my family, have so kindly given up our house to be the safehouse for the Dark Lord. And while we are perfectly happy to do this, we want something in return"

"And why would I want to help the likes of you?" Malfoys eyes once again darted around the room, and he took another step closer.

"I dont believe this is the first time you have betrayed the Dark Lord-"

"What concern of that is yours? I would be the one punished, not you"

"Yes, but you are very close to the Dark Lord, but he respects Bella, now Bella, as you know, does not like you. I am sure you can see where this is going..."

"No, I cant" I did know, I understood him perfectly, but I wanted him to say the words. 

"If you dont help me, I will get Bellatrix to speak to the Dark Lord about the little ministry incident. You didn't honestly think you could ruin such a brilliant, and important plan so easily did you? How else did you think that we would put the puzzle together...I know it was you that warned the Order of the phoenix about our plans to kill the boy and his friends" My breathing had hitched in my throat, Tom's mood swings were much more sudden these days, even for him, he had gotten much more dangerous, and I dreaded to think about what he would do if he did find out that I had not once, but twice alerted the order as to what he was doing. 

"What do you want in return, Malfoy?" 

"I wish for you to speak to the Dark Lord, about how much we have helped him, and aid him in his...rise to power, sing our praises, get us in his good books again. I suppose the question is, whose side are you on?"